Rear Anti Sway Bar... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Rear Anti Sway Bar...

Sooo yesterday and today I heard a loud clunk from the rear of the Bird. Got underneath and one of the endlinks have broken off! which pissed me off because the pipe that connects to the 3rd Cat just broke! so I was inventing in the new exhaust, but now its time for a new sway bar.

So ADDCO 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" rear anti sway bar?

I drive stock tires and rims, and no future of changing that. What would be better? 1 1/8th be fine for stock? or go for the 1 1/4th?

Thanks in advanced guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 04:18 PM
PostSlut

I would say, replace the endlink.

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Yeah thats what i was just realizing since the exhaust pipe is going to get annoying -.-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 04:23 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

it depends on what you want, if you are going to at least add poly bushings up front the 1.25 is good but if you want to be mild about it the 1 and 1/8th should make a nice differance without being too harsh. I did the 1.25 bar with a stock front bar and it was a nice improvement but I wouldn't want to leave it that way it seemed uneven handling wise. The same sized front bar was the trick so leaving the stock front bar and adding the 1.125 addco would be pretty neutral.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

For What It's Worth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
Sooo yesterday and today I heard a loud clunk from the rear of the Bird. Got underneath and one of the endlinks have broken off! which pissed me off because the pipe that connects to the 3rd Cat just broke! so I was inventing in the new exhaust, but now its time for a new sway bar.

So ADDCO 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" rear anti sway bar?

I drive stock tires and rims, and no future of changing that. What would be better? 1 1/8th be fine for stock? or go for the 1 1/4th?

Thanks in advanced guys.
For what it's worth, when I got my T-Bird up on the lift and BOTH of those end links were broken. I just replaced the links with two links I got from O'Reillys; they weren't very expensive.

So I guess I'm with _95badbird, just start with the link.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Voice/Data Guru

I will add I have the ADDCO 1 1/4/ bar with the 1.5 lowering and the (Blues) shocks with the front bar being stock she rides and handles GREAT Just my take on the setup and my friends who ride with me

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetKeym View Post
For what it's worth, when I got my T-Bird up on the lift and BOTH of those end links were broken. I just replaced the links with two links I got from O'Reillys; they weren't very expensive.

So I guess I'm with _95badbird, just start with the link.
$38 at napa out the door for both with a AAA discount. I wanted to check for play in the rubber and the pry bar made it separate, it was that corroded. The other side didn't survive my air ratchet, it broke the link. Maybe its placebo effect but the back feels a bit better in turns now. The old rubber bushings were hard as rocks, and the round bushing end with the bolt had no resistance, the bushing spun in the housing. I don't know if that matters or not.

95 4.6L Rusty Survivor!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in