Motorcraft tie rods - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Assaultdog0351 Send a message via Yahoo to Assaultdog0351
Motorcraft tie rods

Starting to buy parts for suspension rebuild but I ran into two different part numbers for the inner and outer motorcraft tie rods
inner: # MES3105 and # MEOE36 outer:# MEOE100 and # MES3004 what are the differences between the two? My first guess was maybe one was for the sport option.

RTLB, RSTB, FSTB, LECB and FSSB, MAC intake, black interior and new shoes... Soon to come: SVO blower,, AIS, SS kooks headers, SS 2.5" dual exhaust w/ x-pipes and borlas, koni shocks, 1.6" vogland drop, poly (almost)everything, 1 3/8 F&R swaybars, rebuilt suspension... Parts collection nearing completion, contemplating the "Do" phase... More like "Pay someone else to do" phase... I blame the slow results on deployments and pre-deployment training... Kill
*currently planning some chassis work*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 PM
PostWhore

Garage
I was wondering the same thing. The ones with the OE in the number are the "OE" Design. There are no pictures on Rockauto and my internet searching did not yield anything.

I did my inners and outers last weekend. I used MES3004 for the outer mainly because they were cheaper. They look great and worked well.

For the inner I went with Moog EV201 and got the last ones Rockauto had. They say EV127 is the replacement. I saw somewhere that some Mustang guys thought the Moog was better than the Motorcraft for inners. Who knows, I just wanted some inners that used rivets and not red Locktite in case I needed to take them off again.

Bottom line is that it probably does not matter much. My inners were quite loose and what a difference with no wandering steering.

1995 PI Tbird
2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier L
1998 TA Vert
2004 Buick Regal GS
2000 Honda ST1100
1990 Mazda RX-7 2+2
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Assaultdog0351 Send a message via Yahoo to Assaultdog0351
I got on the line with rock auto earlier and they didn't know either... So they called up motorcraft... they didn't know either, or at least they guy on the phone didn't. I hoping someone here knows and will chime in before I make a purchase

RTLB, RSTB, FSTB, LECB and FSSB, MAC intake, black interior and new shoes... Soon to come: SVO blower,, AIS, SS kooks headers, SS 2.5" dual exhaust w/ x-pipes and borlas, koni shocks, 1.6" vogland drop, poly (almost)everything, 1 3/8 F&R swaybars, rebuilt suspension... Parts collection nearing completion, contemplating the "Do" phase... More like "Pay someone else to do" phase... I blame the slow results on deployments and pre-deployment training... Kill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 08:18 PM

The difference in part numbers is likely because they have changed their cast for the parts. Perhaps it was due to efficiency or maybe to get it to work on a larger number of vehicles. Regardless, the ones that specify "OE Design" will exactly match the ones the car originally came with. The other parts will work equally as well but may look a bit different. The choice is yours, but either will work just the same.

--Chris

DirtyDog Torque Converter For Sale!!
Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
Awaiting some tender deconstruction...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I did my inners with EV127, china knock offs. They matched up with the moog EV127 in every way except origin and price. We will see how they hold up.

They sure make a difference.

95 SC 5-speed The Toy in Storage now.
95 SC Auto Newest storage queen.
91 Festiva 1.3L baby 5 speed
03 Crown Vic Sport 4.6... driver
10 Flex Brick Twin Turbos
*Rodney*
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 07:25 AM
PostWhore

Garage
How much were the chinese knockoffs? I thought $21.79 each for the made in USA Moogs was reasonable.

1995 PI Tbird
2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier L
1998 TA Vert
2004 Buick Regal GS
2000 Honda ST1100
1990 Mazda RX-7 2+2
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

thanks for the info... going for the oe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in