Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and I am pleased to be signed up here because I bought my 95 4.6 LX about 5 months ago. Here is the thread I mentioned in my newbie thread
Ok, well to get to the point, I am having a suspension issue that I am having trouble diagnosing. Basically, the suspension squeaks and creaks TERRIBLY when turning the steering wheel.
Now background and other general info:
- When i first bought the car, it had this issue but it was very light and I figured it was minor, but as time went it became worse.
- If i jack up the car, the squealing doesn't occur because the car isnt under load, so, the only way I can look at the suspension sound is if the car is on the ground. Because of this, it makes it a little harder to check it out.
- When I park my car at my house, I park it along side the curb. Now I have noticed that when I first pull off and accelerate (as the nose of the car picks up a little when i first drive off, like a normal car does) and turn the steering wheel just to test it out, the squeaking doesn't occur. After i release the gas pedal the very first time (when the nose drops a little or whatever, like a normal car does) the squeaking when turning comes back instantly as if the pressure or load is applied back to whatever suspension part is causing the sound.
- Around the end of January I replaced my inner tie rods (because I had bad inner tie rods) and my sway bar links on both sides. Now i noticed after i changed these parts, the squeaking went away when I turn the steering wheel, but after about two days, it came back. I dont know what this means, but it came back after taking the highway somewhere.
- Sometimes when it rains, it seems like rain "hits the right spot" and the sound dampens somewhat.
Ever since then, it has been getting worse. I do think its something to deal with the LCA or lower ball joint more than anything... or something, but I just wanted to hear everyone else's input first.
Here are some videos of it squeaking, enjoy:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfo3QtR2iAE
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i695N...eature=related
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxpIk...eature=related
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iHEN4p7zrY
Thanks in advance!!!