Power steering pressure hose pics? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Power steering pressure hose pics?

Does anyone have a picture or two of how the pump to rack pressure line is supposed to be routed on the rack side? I just finished putting in a new hose due to several problems, leaks from the crimps, and bent-up steel lines. At some point in the car's past, the pressure hose was out, and was replaced incorrectly. I've had two V8 birds, and on this one, the pressure line hovers so close to the oil filter, you can't get your hand around it from underneath. Also, the bend on the end coming from the pump (near the front swaybar-like thing (frame support?) has been tweaked around, and was partially collapsed. After replacing the hose, nothing is leaking, but I'm left with the original incorrect routing. Add to that, now the steel lines are in contact with the oil filter adapter, and that front support! Not good.... I'm thinking I can see why the lines were bent up in the first place, to prevent rubbing. It looks like whoever put this thing back together just tried bending the steel lines to clear stuff, which is a big no-no. I want to do it right, although I have no reference to how it's supposed to be. The main problem is that the 90* swivel fitting coming off the rack won't go where I need it to, and line up with the hose. I am starting to think that the fitting may have been whanged at one point, and is bent or somehow not 90 degrees anymore, and cannot line up correctly. Unfortunately, the '95 bird is gone, and I never messed with that fitting, so I don't have a reference car anymore. Any pictures of the pressure hose approaching the rack would be helpful........

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?" www.despair.com

Last edited by skorchmp; 05-22-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in