Launching on Eibachs - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Launching on Eibachs

Has anyone been able to consistantly hook with Eibachs? Even on the street? I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out what to do with my suspension to give me the proper grip out of the hole.

I've noticed a lot of the faster cars run Sport or SC springs. Can someone guide me down a path to figure out why which suspension setup works better?

/suspension noob/

Powered by:
Megasquirt EMS, Vortech Superchargers, Renegade Racing, Gator1980Transmission, Innovative Motorsports, Devil's Own, Magnaflow, Eibach, KYB, Kooks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Kind of slapped together

Super Moderator

Exactly what kind of problem are you having?

Also, what kind of shape are the rear suspension bushings in? If they're sloppy, you'll have trouble "hooking up" no matter WHAT springs you use.

I bet a lot of the higher powered cars have DLF's delrin bushings, or aluminum, or at least brand new rubber bushings in the rear suspension.

RwP
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 10:13 AM
PostSlut

what are your 60 foots?

I used to run eibachs, and I would run consistent 1.99 1.98 60's.
Now, I run stock springs in the rear with 2 coild cut off each, and QA1 coil overs up front, which netted me consistent 1.90, 1.88's.

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Veteran Poster

They can work but are not optimal according to everyone running better 60 foots then me. I have cut 1.73's pretty consistently on a good track and 1.75's on a bad track. My car transfers weight pretty well due to an aluminum block though.

I assume you have eibach's now?

A note on bushings since it was mentioned. You need to check them often if racing or hot dogging on the street alot. I have to replace my sway bar bushings and rear knuckle bearings on a yearly basis. The knuckle bushings make it two to three years but delrin would be better in my opinion.

All this to say that tires play the most important part of your suspension setup. Slicks or cheater slicks are all I use now. I don't even bother with trying to get traction on the street. It's pointless unless you run drag radials or really wide tires. At least for me. Hence why I drive like an old person on a daily basis.

96 v8 4.6 explorer, kooks headers, off road x, magnaflow mufflers, cl tb/plenum, lmaf, gt tube, xcal tune, alum shaft, 3800 dirty dog converter, darrin trans, 373 gears, hoosier slicks on fanblades, pbr brakes, Skinnies on front, No PS or AC, Aeromotive EWP, major weight removal (3380 LBS), 12.78 OLD COMBO.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 10:15 AM
PostSlut

full slicks here as well......as you can tell, paintme has/had more power when I was running those times.

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Voice/Data Guru

My Eibachs work good on the LX. rides decent & good handling 1.7s on the 60ft

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in