TCCoA Forums banner

Need help identifying bushings

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  mustang46kid 
#1 ·
While trying to diagnose a front end clunk I noticed the bushing in the pic below is cracked and rotted. Can someone please point out what this part is called? Is this the "front lower control arm to frame bushing" in Rockauto lingo?

And I know this is in the rear but, it looks like it also needs replacing. This is the "rear lower inner" control arm bushing correct?

See less See more
#10 ·
Those descriptors are not correct. The top one should read "rear lower control arm to frame bushings", of which you have a front (left side of picture) and rear (right side of picture). The bottom one should read "rear knuckle to lower control arm bushings". The "lateral link steel bushing" is more frequently/accurately described as the "toe link compensator".

#6 ·
The strut bushings have been well documented in various threads..So I saw no need to add them to the Lower Control Arm bushing diagrams..

:D

Rayo..

#7 ·
The strut bushings have been well documented in various threads..So I saw no need to add them to the Lower Control Arm bushing diagrams..

:D

Rayo..
The open hole on the LCA next to the SHOCK bushing is the only one you can identify as a strut bushing, even though there is no bushing in it in that picture:tongue:
All the parts vendors seem to call these strut bushings, leading one to believe these cars have struts, not shocks. :D

On another note, only Motorcraft replacements should be used for this, correct? I remember reading horror stories from using Moog and other aftermarket brands.

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
After a second look at the Ford diagram..It appears I did have my diagram mislabeled..It's been corrected in my original post..Thanks..
Your welcome. I'll pretend I didn't see your original reply. Maybe class could be contagious.

That still isn't correct. The two lower knuckle to LCA bushings are not the same as the LCA to frame front bushing.

#12 ·
After a third look at the Ford diagram..It appears I did have my diagram mislabeled..It's been corrected in my original post..Thanks..

I created these diagrams so anyone could easily order the correct parts from RockAuto or the vendor of their choice..

Your terminology may be more correct, but it doesn't compute on RockAuto..

Just think..If everyone used the same terminology how much easier it would be to find these bushings online, or at the parts store..

Rayo..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.