• 1 Post By RalphP
  • 1 Post By jco1385
  • 1 Post By jco1385

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Question lower control arm ac delco or ray bestos pro

Hi folks
i need someones 2 cent on the control arm question.
What exactly is so desirable on these control arms ?
Just the ball joint and bushing or is the whole control arm more rugged???
I did read all the articles but could not point the finger on a specific answer

any 2 cents will be appreciated

so long
hoschy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Kind of slapped together

Healthier sized joint, greaseable, arm sturdier than the cheapies, and a quality boot.

Plus, the ball joint is serviceable on these; although it's as much or more than the whole arm is.

RwP
CDsDontBurn likes this.

Fuelly
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 11:23 PM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
Healthier sized joint, greaseable, arm sturdier than the cheapies, and a quality boot.

Plus, the ball joint is serviceable on these; although it's as much or more than the whole arm is.

RwP
Which ones are you talking about, the ac deaco or the rebestos.

1995 T-Bird.
PI 4.6. Bullitt intake. Stage 2 MHS cams. Kooks Headers. 4,200 ATF Speed converter. BCA Transmission. 4:10s. Tune by Supercoupes Unlimited. 245 RWHP.
3,700 lbs at half tank. Goal- 3,400 lbs
Best of 13.85 at 96 mph. Goal- 11's NA

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC- stock

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII FX2 Sand Dune Machine- R.I.P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 06:53 AM
5th Gear Poster

If I'm not mistaken the A/C Delco is just re-packaged Raybestos. I have the A/C Delco on my car and so far they have been good after 6k miles and a years worth of driving.

1997 Mark 8 LSC

Former owner:
1996 Thunderbird lx 4.6
1994 Thunderbird lx 4.6
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 11:11 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
This is the TRW against the AC Delco Professional (Raybestos Advanced Technology is the exact same part). The TRW unit is thinner with a smaller sealed balljoint.

CDsDontBurn likes this.

1994 Thunderbird - 2000 4.2L M5R2 now has 55k

1995 Thunderbird - 2002 Alum 4.6L SVO - Awaiting transplant... (Parts donor)

1996 Cougar - 2004 3.9L 4R70W
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 01:52 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Raybestos sold their line to AC Delco, from what I read somewhere.

These joints are as good as factory, which were Teflon lined, per Duffy.

When a set of these fails, I'll see what's inside.

I like rebuildable, because I can buy a couple of the joints against future unavailability.

These are now on two cars, the oldest about two years old.

The other replacements have been lasting about 3 years, so I should know by next summer how they hold up.

The front sway bar endlinks by AC Delco are also great; they have grease fittings, and seem to last longer than the other ones that usually last ~2 years; the set on the tbird is almost 4 years old.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Thanks guys for showing me that, i try to gather all the parts for my big build, and i*m aware that supply is running out.
the only other question i have is ,is there a difference between motorcraft arm and ac delco just the arm not the ball joints

the idea is to order the ball joints separate to have supply for the upcoming years ,i also throw the idea around to change to mustang 2 setup because supply endless

i appreciate any input of you guys great forum here ,thanks alot

thx

hoschy
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 06:24 PM
1st Gear Poster

How do the Delco arms compare to moog? I rebuilt my last front with moog but it was totalled 3 months afterward so i dont know how they wear. I want some beefy suspension, i broke a control arm on my silverado last year resulting in 5 and a half flips. My ball joints are popping so im very anxious to make turns at this point. I feel like im in a mustang lmao
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew96dawg View Post
How do the Delco arms compare to moog? I rebuilt my last front with moog but it was totalled 3 months afterward so i dont know how they wear. I want some beefy suspension, i broke a control arm on my silverado last year resulting in 5 and a half flips. My ball joints are popping so im very anxious to make turns at this point. I feel like im in a mustang lmao
i like to know to and how they compare to the motorcraft

thx

hoschy
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 07:35 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
The Motorcraft arm will look just like the TRW arm because they were the OEM from what I understand. I installed a set of Moog parts way back when I got my first bird and they looked the same and didn't last very long. I have the AC Delco parts on both of my cars. I can't attest to longevity because I've only put about 6k on them so far.

If you go to this LINK you can look up the part numbers for all of the AC Delco parts available.
CDsDontBurn likes this.

1994 Thunderbird - 2000 4.2L M5R2 now has 55k

1995 Thunderbird - 2002 Alum 4.6L SVO - Awaiting transplant... (Parts donor)

1996 Cougar - 2004 3.9L 4R70W
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 09:37 AM
4th Gear Poster

I have an account Delco on my driver side and a raybestos on my passenger side for my lower control arms. Reason for that was because I got an open box deal on the AC Delco professional line I believe and then I just ordered raybestos for the other side because I'm decidedly a jew at random moments whilst buying things. What made me buy them was the entire dimensions looked nearly exactly the same. As if they were casted the same way on two different lines. Then upon further inspection I noticed that the part number on the outer ball joint had the same exact numbers save for each respective side. Only other differences beyond that which I saw. AC Delco pre greased the ball joints themselves and the threads for the grease fitting it's self. I acquired these because I was new to understanding the car part world and thought ebay was my Jewish counter part helping me save money. Well I had to replace these control arms, sway link ends, and outer Tie rods in less than 3 months after purchasing new. Now with the aforementioned brand lower control arms, moog end links and tie rods. It's been 4 months with no issue at all. Hope this helps.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerkCougar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco1385 View Post
This is the TRW against the AC Delco Professional (Raybestos Advanced Technology is the exact same part). The TRW unit is thinner with a smaller sealed balljoint.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...psi6ft1wvz.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...psbwylis4z.jpg
I have an account Delco on my driver side and a raybestos on my passenger side for my lower control arms. Reason for that was because I got an open box deal on the AC Delco professional line I believe and then I just ordered raybestos for the other side because I'm decidedly a jew at random moments whilst buying things. What made me buy them was the entire dimensions looked nearly exactly the same. As if they were casted the same way on two different lines. Then upon further inspection I noticed that the part number on the outer ball joint had the same exact numbers save for each respective side. Only other differences beyond that which I saw. AC Delco pre greased the ball joints themselves and the threads for the grease fitting it's self.
This

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in