Air suspension - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Air suspension

Ive been offered the air suspension off a Mark 8 for a good price and wanan no how difficult it would be to install in a 94 thunderbird. Also if this is possible is it gonna be able to be lowered and raised and what not. PLease give me any help ya all can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Dan
Banned

Depending on how you want it setup, if you want a factory mark viii suspension you would need alot of components ..
computer, compressor, dryer, airlines, valves, airbags, control arms + brackets for height sensors, and in the rear you would need lower control arms and also to modify the frame somewhat - drill out the spot welds on the mark viii upper spring mount, and put it where the Tbird one went so the rear bag will mount in place.
Otherwise it wouldnt be all that hard if you had everything you need, and would work the same as factory, and could be modified to raise and lower by splicing a couple wires.
If you want a differentl air suspension for your Tbird check out www.baggedbirds.com .. about the only part that would be useful from the Mark VIII are the front airsprings.
- Dan
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 09:48 PM

i've got this on my cougar. it's mark air bags/struts and solenoids. compressor and factory lines. all for $50 bucks at you pull-it. i wired a two way toggle under the dash to raise and lower it manually. it not a big deal since most of it bolts on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 11:24 PM

william do u have aim or somehting i wanted a setup like urs , can u tell me everything i need just to get the front struts in, and a toggle switch, dont want the rear
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 10:38 AM

you need factory front struts and soleniods off a mark viii, a factory compressor off any lincoln that had air ride, 2 sections of factory air lines w/ the fitting still on the ends, a toggle from radio shack, 2 6" sections of air line w/ fittings on one end, and some relays and relay sockets for wiring purposes. the comp. has 4 holes for 4 lines coming out of it. plug 2 lines into it and run them to the front struts. plug the 6" lines into it and use a cig. lighter to melt the ends shut cause you won't be using and they need to be sealed up. mount the comp in the drivers fender under the battery. there's pletty of room and the comp is close to the front wheels so theres not alot of hose/ wire to run.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in