Complete Suspension Rebuild..... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Complete Suspension Rebuild.....

Good Day,
Well, my car is showing its age now and is in need of a suspension rebuild. I have had enough of the poping while turning, floating when I hit a bump, and the body roll when I enter a turn. So I am undergoing a complete Suspension rebuild. I would like to use good parts, but I am still on a budget (college student). I also don't want to harsh of a ride.

So, what are the best parts for this job?
Upper and Lower control arms (fronts and backs)
Shocks (front and rear)
springs, maybe 1" drop, but no more
Bussings
etc.??

Thanks for the help
Jim

1993 LX 5.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 08:21 PM
3rd Gear Poster

I just finished with my Cougar today. Well. almost finished. I need to take to an alignment center tomorrow.

I used genuine ford parts as much as possible. I believe there is a difference. This is definately more expensive though. I just wanted to say that if you go with the cheapest that you'll be doing some of the same work in a couple of years.

Also I found that when I took the rear suspension on my car apart I found out that the upper control arm bushings (to frame) are slightly prone to problems. I had the inner metal sleave cracked in two places. Also, the stabilizer links on the lower control arm are something you should check.

Let me know if I can be of any help. I'm still flushed from success of having replaced the entire front and rear suspension on my 92 LS. ;-) Lots of pretty polyurethane too. Right now, the underside of my car looks better than the top.
Perch
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 04:47 AM
PostWhore

Moog seems to make nice quality suspension parts. You can find them very inexpensively at www.rockauto.com.

-------------------

Steve

Owner, 1990 Thunderbird SC, white w/ gray cloth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in