Left front problem - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Left front problem

I was curious i noticed today that my left front would make an aggresive whine/urching noise when i would turn and i could here it a little when hitting bumps.. ANyone have problems like that. I'm ruling it out to be the lower ball joint or tie rod. Anyone have some info that might help me??

thanks

Last edited by Mattscoug94; 02-14-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Anyone???
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 10:19 PM

Hi there, I'm having the same problem with my '89 Thunderbird only in my case the noise seems to be coming from the right side. If you hear of anything I sure would appreciate it if you would pass on the information.

Thanks Ahead of Time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Ya i'll give you a hollar if i find something or figure it out. I'm gonna buy 2 of those control arms from rockauto.com. I'm hoping that will solve it, but if not i'm gonna go at the outer tirerod end.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 01:02 AM

frame bolts
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 09:45 AM

Thanks Turbospeed, I'll check them out. There was one guy that was checking the noise out today and he mentioned three things....power steering pump going out(fluid level was at full mark), rack has air in it and only time will take care of that and he also said strut mount going bad, but everything he was showing me is on the left side, but the noise sounds like it's coming from the right side so I'm not sure if I'm not hearing things right or is this person may not know as much as he is trying to let on. He is has been known to do that. What do you guys think? I'd feel better hearing any of these things confirmed by people on this site.

Also, is there anything that could be causing this noise that might lead to an accident? If so I'd like to know so I don't drive it anymore than absolutely necessary till the problem is figured out and fixed.

Anyway.....I'm still open to everyone's suggestions.

Thanks
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys I'm pretty sure its my lower balljoint/control arm, but to be on the safe side i'm gonna replace both lowers on the both sides and i just picked up some new outer tie rod ends, i gotta wait for the control arms though got them from rockauto.com
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Just a follow up on my progress i decided yesterday do replace both of my outer tie rod ends because the noise got real bad. It took me a little bit to get them off but i give all my thanks to a product called pb penetration lubricant. Made the job a ton easier . Well i took it out for a drive and i havent heard the noise yet but in the past it has gone away and comes back. So as i speak here i have 2 new control arms ready to be put on incase it gets bad again. I'm actually gonna replace them anyways, but dont have time at the moment Oh ya rockauto.com is awesome ordered the control arms on sat they were at my doorstep tues morning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in