My 1 3/8" Addcos came today and question for others w/them - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
My 1 3/8" Addcos came today and question for others w/them

I have a question for anyone with the big addco bars, do they always come uncoated? I thought they came coated?

These things are huge, and very heavy, they are as big as my wrist!

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 08:19 PM
6th Gear Poster

Mine was uncoated to...........A little tricky to do the rear but with some swear words and thrown wrenches you will get it...I did............

You can go as fast as your money will let you
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 12:31 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
I have seen some of the smaller bars that were coated, but I don't think I have seen any pics of the 1 3/8 bars (until now of course). When are you going to put them on? I bet putting that front bar in is going to be fun.

Russell

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 07:00 AM
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Mark M. TCCoA VP Send a message via Yahoo to Mark M. TCCoA VP
Hi Russell,

The ADDCO bars made up for TCCoA members come in a black powder coated finish. The standard finish for ADDCO bars is a gold color rust inhibiting finish. ADDDCO only makes manufacturing runs of these bars when they run out and sometimes there is a shortage of one finish or another. When they run out of a particular finish bar they will just grab the other finish bar (if in stock) so they can ship the order.

Regards

Mark

"Mark M. TCCoA VP. Emeritus"

To the Batmobile ! ! !

ADDCO MN12 big bar R&D guru
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Ah. It all makes sense now.

Russell

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I guess better to get them gold than wait forever. They came quickly enough for sure. I actually ordered some when I did the engine swap and they didn't come before the engine was going in so I cancelled the order. They front one is going on when I get my headers from ART, so I am doing two not fun things at once. I plan to put a cherry picker on the engine, drop the k member out completely, lower the engine, put the headers on, and then put the sway bar on when everything goes back together.

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 09:38 PM

I'm hoping to latch on to a set of these big bars meself...Just wondering if you got the bars mounted up? If so...what's your opinion?

DR
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I am working on it now.

IF my headers come Friday (it will be close) the car will be done next weekend. If not, it will be the weekend after next. Then I will have some input.

2011 CTS-V Wagon
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Illinois Chapter Director

Send a message via AIM to TydlwavS
When I ordered my bars I was told they no longer use their powdercoater since the finish was not good quality. I didn't hear anything about running out of a finish.

"That is the worst looking car in the whole world. I'd rather look at one of your dingle berries"

Check out what we've been up to....
http://forums.tccoa.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Cam Bird
I am working on it now.

IF my headers come Friday (it will be close) the car will be done next weekend. If not, it will be the weekend after next. Then I will have some input.

lol **** who jacked ur wheels and suspension!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

HAHA, the title of the thread I posted those pics of on a local board actually said something about someone having jacked my suspension.

2011 CTS-V Wagon
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 03:32 PM
Slacks 12 months a year
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LX-Tasy
Mine came unpainted.I called them and ask why.They told me that they arent getting the powder coated ones anymore because it was not cost effective or something like that.I am a member and mine came zinc coated.They told me that was better then the powder coating also.
Thanks,
Chris

"My Other Ride Is Your Girl"
"If Nissan motorsports is Nismo, wouldn't Honda Motorsports be Homo?"
Before the internet, the village idiot would stay in his own village
REAL RACERS DRIVE STRAIGHT TO THE FINISH LINE, WHILE THE OTHERS DRIVE AROUND IN CIRCLES LOOKING FOR IT
05 Supercharged Ranger Edge tuned by www.blueovalchips.com
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Seeing how visible that rear bar is, I wish it was something that I could chrome to make it stand out. Maybe i should have left it gold. The black looks better, but it would be fun to draw attention to something like that, should have had them coat it pink.

2011 CTS-V Wagon
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
coat it pink.
I think you would get attention alright, but who would you be wanting attention from? You might get attention from these people.

Russell

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Maybe yellow would be a better choice? I once read that all the aftermarket parts Subaru makes through STi (it was their performance part division before it was the name of a car) came pink. I wonder if those are Subarus target customers?

2011 CTS-V Wagon
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Maybe yellow would be a better choice? I once read that all the aftermarket parts Subaru makes through STi (it was their performance part division before it was the name of a car) came pink. I wonder if those are Subarus target customers?
I have to drive through Rhea county to go to school on the weekends. I think I will stay home on that weekend before that festival. Good thing WFC7 is the next weekend, so I will be going north instead of south through Rhea county.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Illinois Chapter Director

Send a message via AIM to TydlwavS
Ok...here's my question. Do you brackets in the rear actually meet up to the flat mount? Mine are about 1/2 shy of the mounting surface and I don't wanna wrench on em cause they'll just bend to crap.

Let me know...need to finger this out tomorrow

"That is the worst looking car in the whole world. I'd rather look at one of your dingle berries"

Check out what we've been up to....
http://forums.tccoa.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Yeah, they were mounted flat. They weren't completely down against it before putting the bolt in but they are fine now. The kit would definitely be better if it came with some brackets that fit though.

2011 CTS-V Wagon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in