Bilsteins..... Letter to them.... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Bilsteins..... Letter to them....

Allright.....figure it's worth a shot. If nothing else I'd be out a stamp and my time....

Incase anyone didn't catch it, Bilstein due to low demand and issues with the supply of mounts for the front shock, quit the production of shocks for our cars. I've spent the day browsing through the boards and firmly believe that we lost the #1 choice for aftermarket shocks.

So, maybe we give this a shot and if nothing else see what they've got to say.

The letter I wrote up

Bilstein
78 Rebeshi Drive
North Haven, CT 06473

-Production of the 89-97 Thunderbird/Cougar shock absorbers.

To Whom It May Concern:

Recently Bilstein quit the production of 89-97 Thunderbird and Cougar shock absorbers because of low demand numbers and issues with the supplier for the front lower shock mount (according to the individual I spoke with at Bilstein’s office). I am writing simply as a plea from 89-97 Thunderbird and Cougar enthusiasts to you, Bilstein, to resume the production of a product for these cars.

In the short few years that I have been part of the Thunderbird and Cougar automotive community, I have seen that Bilstein shocks are the number one choice in aftermarket shocks for these cars because of their superior quality and awesome performance accompanied with their reasonable pricing.

I realize that the demand is relatively low for these products compared to those of other cars, however the aftermarket for these cars is still growing. Take for example fords modular motor which many of these cars employ; that market is just beginning to blossom. Accompany the growing aftermarket with the decreasing price of these cars and I would expect to see more of them falling into young enthusiasts hands, who like myself will be looking for a quality aftermarket shock. Bilstein is the answer to that search.

I hope that you will consider returning to the production of Bilstein shocks for the 89-97 Thunderbird and Cougar and bring back our first choice for aftermarket shocks. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Justin Wade

Any english profs/majors, feel free to proofread.
I'm sure support from the rest of you would help the cause.
If not, may as well not even try.

MidwestThundercats.com
15.183 @ 91.19mph - 2.236 60' :: nothing but a tune and 103s
178.7RWHP :: 244.2RWTQ
Sold

Driving a Chevy, next is a Mustang.

Last edited by Dubbsy; 02-25-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 04:53 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I'll sure send one if it could help. I was hoping to buy a set this summer once the $ started rolling in...
Are we going to use yours like a form letter, or should we all just write our own? I think the more letters they get, the more likely we are to see something done.

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 06:13 AM

Lets make it simple...

Their headquarter is located in Germany...
I've tried to get hold of their VP but can't find his name
but why not send [email protected] a couple of mails?
Of course just one per person 'cause otherwise
it's spamming = NOT GOOD!

I've changed some parts but otherwise it's
a really good letter...

Cut 'n paste!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Production of the 89-97 Thunderbird/Cougar shock absorbers.

To Whom It May Concern:

Recently Bilstein quit the production of 89-97 Thunderbird and Cougar shock absorbers because of low demand numbers and issues with the supplier for the front lower shock mount (according to an individual at Bilstein’s office in the USA). I am writing simply as a plea from 89-97 Thunderbird and Cougar enthusiasts to you, Bilstein, to resume the production of a product for these cars.

In the short few years that I have been part of the Thunderbird and Cougar automotive community, I have seen that Bilstein shocks are the number one choice in aftermarket shocks for these cars because of their superior quality and awesome performance accompanied with their reasonable pricing.

I realize that the demand is relatively low for these products compared to those of other cars, however the aftermarket for these cars is still growing. Take for example fords modular motor which many of these cars employ; that market is just beginning to blossom. Accompany the growing aftermarket with the decreasing price of these cars and I would expect to see more of them falling into young enthusiasts hands, who like myself will be looking for a quality aftermarket shock. Bilstein is the answer to that search.

I hope that you will consider returning to the production of Bilstein shocks for the 89-97 Thunderbird and Cougar and bring back our first choice for aftermarket shocks. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to sign!

//Thyg0d
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver95Bird
I'll sure send one if it could help. I was hoping to buy a set this summer once the $ started rolling in...
Are we going to use yours like a form letter, or should we all just write our own? I think the more letters they get, the more likely we are to see something done.
I don't know, that could work....could write your own....if an attached list of names would work?

thy...didn't realize HQ was in Germany (guess I should have though, heh).

Guess we could drop a couple messages to that [email protected] address.....

actually, I may just copy that letter I wrote and send it to that E-mail address....
Or I can just include that letter in an e-mail to that address and see if they will tell me where to send it to get noticed and see if anything can be done.

-jw

MidwestThundercats.com
Sold

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
Nicely written. Maybe they will reconsider.

Russell

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

well I dropped an e-mail off to [email protected] and will wait for a response (I basically asked for a contact address of someone that will take this all into consideration)

-jw

(I'm going to return to the corner and cry because I didn't order my bilsteins a month ago.)

MidwestThundercats.com
Sold

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 09:24 PM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
I just sent them a message myself. If people want these let's make some noise, maybe a one shot deal. Start emailing!

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Rodeo Joe
Start emailing!

Joe
I don't know if a mass of e-mails is the answer too (like thy said, might take it as spam)....

I'll hope to get an answer back with an address to someone higher up......with any luck....

'else I'll call out to the west coast office again and see if they can tell me where to go to plea our case.

-jw

MidwestThundercats.com
Sold

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I just sent a slightly different version of Thyg0d's letter to the email addy. I reworked the 2nd paragraph to fit myself, but it's pretty similar. I hope it works, I had been planning on buying a set...

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

heh, maybe we should make a point of stating that we're all trying to work together, and it's not just one person sending similar e-mails from different addys?

(if you send an e-mail, write your own just stating your support...might not look good with 80 copies of the same letter)

(or wait and maybe monday I'll have a reply with somewhere we can send letters...)

Yeesh, so much for getting my suspension setup done before the car came out for the spring....

I've found one place that people supposedly ordered from here a couple days ago. I sent in to see if they had any, if I don't get a reply I'll call tomorrow and see if MAYBE they have some in stock. ..although the west coast office told me they were all gone as far as they could see when I called a week or so ago.

-jw

MidwestThundercats.com
Sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in