Rear Subframe Bushings - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
Rear Subframe Bushings

My rear subframe is geting kind of scaley looking so while I have the rear suspension off I am gong to drop that too and do some work on it. If I am going to take it off, I don't really want to put the same old worn squashed out bushings back on with it. Are rubber bushings from Ford the only option for these? Are poly ones availiable? Has anyone ever tried anything else here, such as Aluminum? That might just be an all around horrible idea.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
I have actually talked to a guy that used AL pucks for the rear subframe. He used to work for Bondurant school of driving. He said that the NVH didn't go up any and it improved the solidness of the subframe. He said " It was a very good modification".

Russell

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
Really, I would have expected that to honestly be the one thing that even I thought was gong too far. I just threw it out there to see what people would say. If Aluminum were used, how think of pieces should be used?

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

That's a good question. One that I also don't know the answer to. Let me ask him and see if he replies to me. I'll get back with you shortly if no one else chimes in. I plan on changing the bushings out also when I do my subframe build so i need to know also.

Russell

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

He said that he couldn't find any of the sketches that they had for the pucks. He said he remembered that the rubber compressed just a little bit and he made the suggestion to make them ~95% of the thickness of the stock rubber ones. Hope that helps. I am going to try and do this after school is out.

Russell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in