Suspension problems - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Question Suspension problems

Looking for some help with my suspension on my 35th Ann. SC. I lowered it with Tokico Illumina springs and shocks, new front left and right stabilizer links, new front left and right lower control arms, new front right upper control arm (didn't ripe the seal on the left side), and new rear bushing for the tension struts. Then got it aligned an National Tire & Brake (NTB). I would have rather let a Ford Dealership to it, but they are closed by the time I'm off work and not open on Saturdays. OK, my problem is this, it been a very long time since I have driven the 'Bird before all the installs that I forgot how it is suppose to ride, I just know it is not suppose to ride like this. Plus, I have been driving my rack and pinion Accord all this time. Some of the problems I'm having are the car starts vibrating at 70 mph, when I hit a bump in the road it is stable but not real stable and I feel every single bump. Also, when I'm driving on the highway the steering wheel is heavy in the center position. The best way I can describe it's like have a glass of water that is half filled and you try rocking the water left or right, it kind of floaty unless it is right in the middle. I hope I described my problem clear enough, if not let my know. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 01:02 AM
PostWhore

What specs did the alignment get set to ? Did they give you a printout on that ??

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

95 T-Bird SC 5-speed -- SOLD!!
88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed
07 Mustang GT 5-speed with some stuff
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Sorry it took some long to repond. Camber: LF=-0.1, RF=-0.5, LR=-0.8, RR=-0.5 Toe: LF=0.4, RF=0.8, LR=0.09, RR=0.4 Steer Ahead=-0.4 degrees, Thrust angle=0.5 degrees. The guy at the shop said that the caster in the front is not adjustable, is that correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 02:36 PM

hey tbird4ever i just got mine realigned
camber = LF -.03 RF -.7 LR -.6 RR -.6
Caster= LF 5.0 RF 5.2
toe= LF .08 RF .09 LR .07 RR .05

steer ahead 0
thrust angle .01

Your numbers look good compared to mine but did they give you a caster # It looks like you cant adjust it but there might be something wrong in there possibly. I'm not real knowlegible on suspension and alignment but it looks like caster means the angle at which the strut is sitting and were it meets the control. That was a total guess but just my thoughts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in