Vibrating, Wobbling? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Vibrating, Wobbling?

My car vibrates and shimmys very harshly when going about 40+mph, it gets real bad at 50, but evens out between 60-80. It makes a clanking noise when I come to a stop and it sounds basically like the wheel on the passenger side is going to fall off! I have changed the Lower Control Arm bushing and the Ball Joints, any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
maybe the hubs...causing endplay and vibration. They are easy to fix. Do you get any vibration when braking also?

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Yes it vibrates like a wild animal from about 70 down to 50, the same place it shimmy's during acceleration or cruising. Hubs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

maybe BOTH the hubs and rotors. The bearing and hub assy is one peice and not seperately servicable. Rotors are cheap, hubs are kinda pricey. About 70-80 each, try to get them from Dan Newman if you can, I pity you and that damn 8.25% sales tax.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Ahh Hubs....I wish I had some idea what those were....I've never messed with anything like that before. I know it's not the rotors. I just changed them yesterday, though the braking did improve, the ride is still horrible without the brakes being applied. Are Hubs an easy job, or rather complicated? Any special tools?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally posted by PWRDbyTRD
Ahh Hubs....I wish I had some idea what those were....I've never messed with anything like that before. I know it's not the rotors. I just changed them yesterday, though the braking did improve, the ride is still horrible without the brakes being applied. Are Hubs an easy job, or rather complicated? Any special tools?
the hubs are what is behind the rotor....with the 5 studs on it. Its held on by a single bolt which will more then likely require an impact wrench to remove the bolt. It slides right off the spindle. The retainer nut is 36mm and needs to be reaplaced when the old one is removed.

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

92-108 dollars were the prices I found for bearings (what everyone lists them as) Hub Assemblies....and with that 9.25% sales tax....it sucks. It's ok though, I guess I now have a project for monday. Do you think a big socket wrench and a pipe (torque) can get that 36mm off??
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 09:22 AM
PostWhore

If I am not mistaken, since you are not in OK, Dan Newman can't charge you sales tax, only shipping.

But yes I agree with buying parts from him, he sold me Oem parts for the same as [email protected] aftermarket stuff. (Don't tell anyone, but he didn't even charge me shipping and it was at the house the next day.)

Where did you get your price from?

rob

02 AL PI 4.6L, 02 GT MAF and air box, SCT tune by lonnie.
2.25" true duals, no cats, Borla XS mufflers.
96 trans with 300HP + gear change J-mod, Mark VIII TC, & Hayden 30K GVW cooler.
Solid Rubber engine and tranny mounts. Polly front-end, tranny crossmember, and IRS bushings.
3.73 TL, 93 Mark VIII DS. Tokico Blues all around.
PBR dual piston calipers in front, Rear Disc Brake Swap.
97 console. Cooper 225/60/16s.
14.874 @ 93.56 with 3.27 before 3.73 upgrade
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Cool

I priced them from Napa, Advanced, and Auto Zone....who is this guy I should buy them from? I'm kinda new on the boards....linkage would be helpful!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 02:58 PM
PostWhore

He's on the TCCoA home page at Joe Cooper Ford in Midwest City, Ok (OKlahoma City) and he gives TCCoA members special discounts. All you gotta do is say you got his toll free number (800-226-6049) off of this sight and you're golden.

He many not be able to beat the parts store chain prices (autozone etc.) but you will be getting OEM parts at a good price. Many, many people on this sight recommend him.

rob

02 AL PI 4.6L, 02 GT MAF and air box, SCT tune by lonnie.
2.25" true duals, no cats, Borla XS mufflers.
96 trans with 300HP + gear change J-mod, Mark VIII TC, & Hayden 30K GVW cooler.
Solid Rubber engine and tranny mounts. Polly front-end, tranny crossmember, and IRS bushings.
3.73 TL, 93 Mark VIII DS. Tokico Blues all around.
PBR dual piston calipers in front, Rear Disc Brake Swap.
97 console. Cooper 225/60/16s.
14.874 @ 93.56 with 3.27 before 3.73 upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in