ADDCO opinions - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

ADDCO opinions

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension fairly heavily within the month. I've already got a set of the GP Vogtland springs, I've decided on Koni's, since the next best shock available is the incredible self-destructing Tokico. What I want to know from all of you is this: I live in southeastern Michigan. The roads are, well, they're pretty bad most places. They've put a lot of work into them recently but since I'm going to college in Detroit and commuting, I encounter a fair share of potholed roads. I was thinking of going all-out and getting the 1.375 bars front and rear for maximum performance, but the 1.25s would obviously have a more comfortable ride. This is a daily driver, but I've kinda fallen in love with autocross and am trying to build a capable car. Anyone who has the 1.25 kit, how do you like the performance and ride? Same thing for anyone with the 1.375s. Thanks

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
I love the 1 3/8" kit. I had to do a little noching of the metal right above the bar that hangs down from the frame rails. It was fine to start with but once things settled back down the bar was hitting it and making all kinds of annoyin noises and giving me a headache. After busting out the sawzall and doing some clearancing it is great. It goes down the hgihway beautifully. Around town it isn't much rougher feeling than it was with the eibach's and Bilstein's with the stock bars. the only time you really notice is on a steep driveway you have to drive up at an angle, it'll pick up a rear wheel (at least mine does with JL's subframe connectors and braces). It corners very flat, it is a lot of fun. And auto crosses are a blast now for sure. Not that they weren't before.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I wanted the best performance I could get, so I think I'll go with the big bars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in