Is my car really that low?? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Is my car really that low??

I used the Eibach/Bilstein route last year and now, it seems that I am much lower. I am hitting/scraping on speed bumps that I have never before hit, etc, etc, etc. Also, my bird looks about 1/2 inch lower in the front than in the rear. I replaced the endlnks in the rear with the shorter ones also.....

I am going to get the ADDCO sways for front and back to beef it up....I love the stiff ride lol.

Anyone have any insight on this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 11:17 PM

Springs tend to settle over a period of time, that could be the deal with yours.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 12:48 AM
4th Gear Poster

I've seen Eibachs settle ALOT. I've had my H&R's for over two years and ~25,000 miles and they haven't settled. No scraping either, unless I have more than one friend over 200lbs in the backseat. Even then I can avoid it by being carefull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 11:58 PM
3rd Gear Poster

if you have a problem with scraping speedbumps, just try to go over them at an angle instead of head-on....should help keep it from dropping the car so low, as only one wheel at a time is going over the bump instead of two, which causes the whole front or rear of the car to drop quickly

there are some really bad speedbumps near my house that i will bottom out on if i hit them straight on, but if i go over them at an angle, it doesn't bottom out....and i'm on stock springs/shocks, not lowered at all

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in