big trouble - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to SilverLx
big trouble

While changing my front break pads, i take a look inside the wheel well and notice everything needs changed out. And I mean everything. From the upper control arm to almost everything that i don't know the name of. The rubber "stuff" (no idea what it's called) is gone on both sides. I thought the squeak was from the break pads..but i guess not.

I really need basically everything, i just don't know where to look. Any help or information would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Whining Intakes Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverLx
While changing my front break pads, i take a look inside the wheel well and notice everything needs changed out. And I mean everything. From the upper control arm to almost everything that i don't know the name of. The rubber "stuff" (no idea what it's called) is gone on both sides. I thought the squeak was from the break pads..but i guess not.

I really need basically everything, i just don't know where to look. Any help or information would be appreciated.
Bushings.

You can get most of what you are looking for at http://www.rockauto.com They have pretty cheap prices. I've ordered from them before. As for the parts they don't have, if cash wasn't too much of a problem, you can get polyurethane bushings from http://www.mn12performance.com

The upper and lower control arms you get from Rock Auto have the ball joint and the bushings already installed but they are the stock rubber bushings.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 11:09 AM

Hey SilverLX.

I've had the same problem, but not as bad. It was mostly a crunch noise, and bad steering. My car started to pull bad to the left.

MN12 Performance sell a bushing kit

Also you can build your own kit like I did, with Moog parts. Here is the Moog website http://www.federalmogul.com/cda/chan...2_7110,00.html This site is funky in how it works, but if you keep tring it will give you the part # for all bushing and suspension parts you'll need. These part # are the same CarQuest uses.

I paid $380, for all items.

Big note. I put the Sturt rod to frame bushing on backwards, Which caused it to brake down in a few months. I know now that the bigger bushing goes in the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to SilverLx
Thanks, appreciate it guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in