Help! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Help!

I hope someone reads this and helps me outn before I do something stupid.

Heres the deal. I'm installing my new set of rear KYB GR-2 shocks. I took off the old shocks no problem (man are they worn). But when putting the new ones on I noticed that they are missing the bottom mounting bushing. Looked in the box...no dice. I wetn to two diffrent parts stores and neither could help me. How can I get the old bushing off the old shock? It's still is decent shape and thats basically the only choice I have right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 06:13 PM

the new ones did not come with a bushing in the bottom mount?? I think all the bottom mount bushings are all pressed in they should have come with a bushing in them
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Nope no bushing. The bushing should be on the sides of the mount eyelet, but it's not. I dont know if I got some bunk shocks or what but sure enough, no bushing. I was wondering though, how bad would it be if I just put them in without it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 08:40 PM

To be honest i dont know how bad it would be if you did that. Thats why theres suppose to be a bushing in there but if i were you if you can put your stocks back in for the moment and call the place you got yours and ask why the heck theres no bushings in here. Thats just what i would do, i probably wouldnt try it with out the bushing just in case it messes up your brand new shocks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Well the only problem with calling the place and *****ing to get the parts, is that I got them from Shox.com. While pitcing a ***** may solve the problem, I'd still have to wait for them to send me the bushings I need, and I need the car to be done TOMMROW. I am going to go to the dealership tommrow as none of the parts store dumbasses could help me. "Umm is this what you need?" is the only responce I could get.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 10:07 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to DGFourSixLX
My KYB rear shocks didn't come with bushings either. I had them installed on the car for about 5,000 miles that way and had no problems. If you're still concerned about it, see if there are some universal bushings or something intended for another application that will fit, and use that. Again, installing them that way will not damage either the shocks or your suspension.

-DG-

'07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

(Sold)1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Black/Black
Chrome Cobra R's, BFG Rubber, Cobra/KVR Brakes
Custom Koni front air struts, Bilstein/Addco in rear
Cobra Intake Manifold, SCT XCal by Lonnie of BOC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in