koni yellows - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

koni yellows

i about about to buy the koni yellows for the front.

anyone have an opinion on a reputable vendor with competitive prices?

BTW - rockauto came through...my UCA, LCA and strut rod bushings arrived. discount code saved me a couple $ to boot.

1994 Thunderbird - Renegade Racing Long block, TFHS Trans, NA/SVO intake. Cam94 lives!
2010 Shelby GT500 - Black/Silver
1995 Thunderbird LX - 2000 GT PI Swap by W&S Motorsports - Sold on Tccoa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
I got mine from Tirerack.com. shox.com sells them also.

You know about the fronts being a cartridge insert correct?

After you install the cartridge, the yellow body will be covered up by the old shock body. I painted my shocks to match the Koni yellow color of the rear shocks.

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

yep - know they are inserts and i have links to a couple of the writeups.

come to think of it, i do not have the top side dust covers on there now...i may need to find some if the koni's don;t come with them.

not sure i have a definitive koni part number to narrow my search....just the tbird application webpage.

i have done a pretty thorough search for online stores....wanted to make sure i wasn't missing the low price tccoa-insider source

i also need to add a bump stop like the ones included with the mn12 front end kit. i have bottomed out on the "historic" roads here in savannah....i think thats why my current set ruptured. haven't found a source of those yet.

1994 Thunderbird - Renegade Racing Long block, TFHS Trans, NA/SVO intake. Cam94 lives!
2010 Shelby GT500 - Black/Silver
1995 Thunderbird LX - 2000 GT PI Swap by W&S Motorsports - Sold on Tccoa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill H
yep - know they are inserts and i have links to a couple of the writeups.

come to think of it, i do not have the top side dust covers on there now...i may need to find some if the koni's don;t come with them.

not sure i have a definitive koni part number to narrow my search....just the tbird application webpage.

i have done a pretty thorough search for online stores....wanted to make sure i wasn't missing the low price tccoa-insider source

i also need to add a bump stop like the ones included with the mn12 front end kit. i have bottomed out on the "historic" roads here in savannah....i think thats why my current set ruptured. haven't found a source of those yet.
I got a set of shocks from LX-Tasy to use as blanks. He might be able to hook you up.

I think Tirerack lists a part number...

I got mine from tirerack because I could trust them and dropping as much money as I did, I didnt want to get shafted.

There are some crappy roads here in S. Florida, with the firmness of my shocks which I keep at 1/2 turn, I dont bottom out on anything. Of course, Ive never rolled through savannah.

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 04:44 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Obucina View Post
I got mine from Tirerack.com. shox.com sells them also.

You know about the fronts being a cartridge insert correct?

After you install the cartridge, the yellow body will be covered up by the old shock body. I painted my shocks to match the Koni yellow color of the rear shocks.

joseph
how did u go bout depressurizing the old strut to tell u the truth im a little nervous bout that.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 05:32 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Super Moderator

Garage
You really don't have to worry about it; unless you have a set sitting in front of you; they were discontinued.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Yellow?

Hello

Wow they were Yellow!!

Mine are painted black now.

Paul [email protected]
1990 Thunderbird Circle Track Street Stock
351W 2bbl.
C-4 Auto
3.90 open rear
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 04:33 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderclaw View Post
how did u go bout depressurizing the old strut to tell u the truth im a little nervous bout that.
yeah i got a set that i bought a while ago and im nervous bout gettin the pressure off my old ones cause they still good
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 02:00 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
Want to sell them?

I drilled out the bottom of the shock, between the 'ears' of the lower mount; where the 12mm bolt will go thru to hold it together when you're done.

Cover it with a rag as you go thru, and use a small (1/16") drill bit.

The oil that comes out of the old shock will be nasty; do it outside.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Black_Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog6 View Post
Want to sell them?

I drilled out the bottom of the shock, between the 'ears' of the lower mount; where the 12mm bolt will go thru to hold it together when you're done.

Cover it with a rag as you go thru, and use a small (1/16") drill bit.

The oil that comes out of the old shock will be nasty; do it outside.
+1 for nasty oil. It's not THAT much pressure so no worries, I LOVE my KONI inserts. The adjustable feature is awesome as well!

2011 BMW X5 35i Premium Package
2009 BMW 535i ///M Sport Package
2008 BMW 535i Premium Sport Package
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 07:14 PM
PostSlut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdtess View Post
Hello

Wow they were Yellow!!

Mine are painted black now.

nice....i painted my rear yellow koni's silver.

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
Mine are yellow still; inside a black housing, lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in