Rear End Link Installation - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Rear End Link Installation

I'm thinking of ordering new rear endlinks from Rock Auto and I've done a search for endlinks here but couldn't find any information relative to the installation of them. Is there any installation tips I should know about before installing them? I'm sort of concerned about the upper part of the link and how easy or difficult it is. I did new bushings in the lower part and I now realize the uppers need replacing, too.
Sideoiler

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 05:24 PM

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt a new set of OEM links come with all new bushings. I should know this since i had to put a new one on in my lowering project but that was a couple months ago. I'm almost possotive it comes with all new bushings
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Yes, you're correct. However, I just replaced the lower "bushings", not the end links themselves. Now, wiser that I am, I realize I should have replaced the complete endlink.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattscoug94
Correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt a new set of OEM links come with all new bushings. I should know this since i had to put a new one on in my lowering project but that was a couple months ago. I'm almost possotive it comes with all new bushings

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
The end links you are talking about, will they be the OEM style jointed ones or the more classic bolt style? If it is the OEM style, there is nothing to mounting the upper part, if it just bolted up to the bar and it has the joint there for flexibility. I don't see what the issue would be in this case. If they are the bolt style, the upper and lower mounting are the same only with a nut on the outside instead of the head of the bolt.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Whining Intakes Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by Sideoiler
I'm thinking of ordering new rear endlinks from Rock Auto and I've done a search for endlinks here but couldn't find any information relative to the installation of them. Is there any installation tips I should know about before installing them? I'm sort of concerned about the upper part of the link and how easy or difficult it is. I did new bushings in the lower part and I now realize the uppers need replacing, too.
The end links were easy to replace on the rear. Just need a torque wrench. Upper link nut is torqued to 35-47 ft lbs. Bottom nut is 8-10 ft lbs.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Al! You always come through! Just the information I was looking for. Thanks again.
Sideoiler
QUOTE]Originally posted by Al_Florida
The end links were easy to replace on the rear. Just need a torque wrench. Upper link nut is torqued to 35-47 ft lbs. Bottom nut is 8-10 ft lbs. [/QUOTE

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Whining Intakes Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by Sideoiler
Al! You always come through! Just the information I was looking for. Thanks again.
No problem at all. When I did mine, I read the bottom nut torque wrong and was trying to torque mine to 40 ft lbs. Needless to say I bent the bottom end of the end links.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in