Rear Subframe Bolts - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to BlackbirdSport
Rear Subframe Bolts

basicaly, how do I get them out? I have the rear subframe (94 mark8), dismantled it completely, and now it sits in my basement. The 2 front mounts of the subframe connect to the unibody via a big long bolt on each side, it runs through the big rubber bushing....and I cant get it out. I need to get the 2 bolts out of the subframe and cant, they wont slide through, they cant be pounded through, whats the hang up?

"Keep making it thinner until it breaks, then go one size bigger."
My Cougar XR7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 08:30 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to CobraRThunder
Breaker bar my friend....and a 3-foot section of metal pipe. I just took my whole IRS out and weled it all up and braced a lot of stuff per. MN12performance article. I had a reall hard time getting the front two bolts loose. the rears came out easy....but then my car never see's winter or rain so no corrosion had occured. Be sure to buy new bolts and use anti-seize on them when going back together.

4R70W From DirtyDog
VORTECH BLOWN w/3.12" Reichard ultra-grip pulley
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
615 rwhp/500 torque 15.5psi best of [email protected] still needs tuning.
CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/426794
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally posted by CobraRThunder
Breaker bar my friend....and a 3-foot section of metal pipe. I just took my whole IRS out and weled it all up and braced a lot of stuff per. MN12performance article. I had a reall hard time getting the front two bolts loose. the rears came out easy....but then my car never see's winter or rain so no corrosion had occured. Be sure to buy new bolts and use anti-seize on them when going back together.
Thats the thing, they are loose, and technicaly out. The subframe is completely removed from the car, I just cant remove the bolts from the subrame. They slide up and down in their holes and spin freely, but its like theres a stop half way down the bolt that prevents it from being pulled through the hole.
I need to get the 2 front locater things (11" pressed bit of steel held in by the same bolt) off and put them on the cougar. The XR7s are rusted out, and I need these to pass tech at Mid Ohio this friday. Beond that, I'm stripping down the rear subframe, welding it all up, and playing with some bracing.
I just want these damn bolts out of the way.

My Cougar XR7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 03:32 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to CobraRThunder
smack them with a hammer...mine were tight but they came out with some persuasion.

4R70W From DirtyDog
VORTECH BLOWN w/3.12" Reichard ultra-grip pulley
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
615 rwhp/500 torque 15.5psi best of [email protected] still needs tuning.
CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/426794
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 04:07 PM
PostWhore

Mine fell right out... after I soaked them in PB Blaster and managed to break them loose with the aformentioned 3' piece of pipe and a 1/2 ratchet. Maybe yours are bent?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

needed to be sure before I committed the BFH. Didn't want to needlessly desroy anything....well, anything I paid for.

My Cougar XR7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in