Vogtland Sport Springs??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Vogtland Sport Springs???

Does anyone have the Vogtland 1.6" sport springs? How do they look on your car? Are they pretty good springs? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 02:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
The vogtlands that I have lower the car 1 inch i beleive, not 1.6.

They are excellent springs.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
A 30 second search yielded :

Vogtland springs

Russ

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 03:43 PM

I installed the Vogtlands this week. They're a little lower in front than I'd like, and a little softer than I thought they'd be, but I definitely prefer them to stock.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 03:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
what shocks are you running with the vogtlands Will? I have the bilstein shocks and i think they are plenty stiff and not bouncy at all.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

thanks
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinH
The vogtlands that I have lower the car 1 inch i beleive, not 1.6.

They are excellent springs.
There are two different springs available, a 1" drop and a 1.6" drop.

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinH
what shocks are you running with the vogtlands Will? I have the bilstein shocks and i think they are plenty stiff and not bouncy at all.
I have the Bilsteins too. I don't think the new springs are too bouncy--actually, the first thing I noticed about the new springs is that instead of hitting a bump and then getting bound, rebound, bound, rebound, bound rebound etc. you just have one cycle before the car settles. Maybe what I'm really looking for is a stiffer shock setting, but with the car sitting as low as it is in front I'd just like things a little stiffer on the compression side.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 05:39 PM

Rich95XR7 has a recent thread on the springs...he likes 'em and that's what I'm gonna get eventually.
And yes, they come in 1" and 1.6" drop.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 05:45 PM
TGJ
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada

I have the 1" Vogtland lowering springs, I liked them. I also have or should I now say had Bilstein shocks. I liked the combo but lost the front Bilsteins. I don't recommend Bilstein shocks with a lowered car, my Bilsteins were re-valved for a lowered car, so I lost the warranty on them with that. They collapsed like Bilstein's were known for. Just my $0.02!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJ
I don't recommend Bilstein shocks with a lowered car, my Bilsteins were re-valved for a lowered car, so I lost the warranty on them with that. They collapsed like Bilstein's were known for. Just my $0.02!
Don't say that they collapsed like Bilsteins are known for. To me they just look like stock mounts and I haven't heard of anyone with Sport fronts or Koni shocks (that are lowered) with this problem. I think that maybe the installation could be at fault, or maybe the shock tube DOES need to be modified (i.e. cut down) to increase the amount of travel available. I'm not sure but I haven't ever heard of any other Bilsteins with this problem. I know some of the Camaro guys get a guy (Sam Strano maybe?) to modify the shock tubes (typically road race guys) that allows the shock to stay off the bumpstops and has been recommended for all Camaro owners that are lowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich95XR7
The last couple I've seen that did that was because the shock was not lined up properly when it was put in, and they twisted the shock to get the bolt in, which put additional strain on the lower mounts, which were not designed to have and twisting force on them.

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 05:59 PM
TGJ
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?threadid=41904

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.p...stein+collapse

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...d=1#post319148

Here is a few other links not including my recent one. I used the word collapse as that is how some of the other people who had my problem referred to it.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJ
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?threadid=41904

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.p...stein+collapse

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...d=1#post319148

Here is a few other links not including my recent one. I used the word collapse as that is how some of the other people who had my problem referred to it.
No collapsed is the right term, but I'm not sure what the reason for it is since other shocks aren't having that problem.

Russ

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 07:17 PM

I've seen all different types of shocks do the same thing on lowered and stock ride height cars, hence my reply in the other thread. Let's keep this thread on track though, reply in the other thread on the shock problem

I love my 1.6" Vogtlands, perfect ride height, and a great ride with the sport shocks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in