My poor 'ol 95 LX... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

My poor 'ol 95 LX...

I am very interested in achieving that low aggressive downward rake you see on a lot of street rods for my 1995 LX Bird. I do not have ground effects like the SC and I am not adding them to the car. I put lowering springs on the car about 4 years ago. I don't remember off the top of my head which kit it was anymore... I'd have to look it back up. I chose the kit though, because it was not a 2" equal level all around the car like most kits offered at the time. Well, I just measures the car last night on a level surface, and the top of each wheel opening is the same. the kit was to lower the car 1 3/4" in front and an 1 1/4 in the rear. I didn't think at the time it was enough of a difference, but it was the only kit I saw that had a difference from front to back.

I think what I may need to do is get a set of 2" drop springs for the car and only install the fronts... then I think I should get some 1/4" steel media, and make a donut that will fit in the pirch of the rear springs, and place one on the top and bottom of each rear spring. That will raise the rear a 1/2" and then drop the nose another 1/2". I am a little worried about ground clearance, but I need to ditch this stance where the car is equally lowered all the way around.

Does anyone understand what "look" I am after by my wording, and might someone be able to tell me if they might have such a stance on their car, and what they did to reach it???

[email protected]

~Mercy J.
Baltimore, MD 21229

"Behold, I am coming quickly..." Rev. 22:12-13NKJV
- Jesus Christ

My 95 LX project car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 07:15 PM

Vogtland springs gave my car a nice, tasteful rake, but it sounds as if you're after a full-on stinkbug Bobby Alloway stance. If you lower the nose of your car and actually raise the tail, it will look as if your car has hemorrhoids and is too scared to sit down. Your car's nose will scrape everywhere (fulcrum effect of lowering the front but not the back, making the front overhang even lower), your headlights will project approximately 1.3 feet in front of your nose, the car will not handle well at all, and everyone will assume that you have a mullet. Mine is the all white 95 in this thread. Decide if you want more rake than I have.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=62807

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in