best way to remove camber adjustmet bolt - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

best way to remove camber adjustmet bolt

should i be trying to loosen the bolt, or the nut on the end? i'm trying to replace LCA and i got everthing else loose except that bolt. ARG!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

On the front? You should be loosening the nut. You may be able to just tap the bolt out once the nut is removed. If you’re lucky like me, they'll be rusted in place and you'll end up beating on them with a hammer for 5-10 minutes a piece to get them out and have to buy replacements Also, you should mark how the camber washers are oriented before you remove them so you can get your alignment at least close after reassembly.

Sold = 96 Thunderbird
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 02:01 PM

.....you should remove the nut and tap out the bolt....f.y.i. ...the bolt has a groove in it that lines up with a groove in the cams/washers...if things aren't lined up you'll never get the bolt out....look closely and you'll see what i mean....i found out the hard way when i did my l.c.a.'s..
Erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

thanks! i just got a 21mm deep socket for the camber nut, so if all goes well i'll be riding on new control arms and strut rod bushings in a few hours.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 02:59 PM

You might wanna try a 21mm standard socket. A deep well socket might slip when you put alot of pressure on it. Just a suggestion
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

man that thing was on there! i ended up having to put the jack under the socket wrench to get it to move. other than that it was cake! new bushings all around and new ball joints, yay!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsLE97
You might wanna try a 21mm standard socket. A deep well socket might slip when you put alot of pressure on it. Just a suggestion
neither of them worked real well, the standard socket wouldn't fit over the bolt protruding from nut, and the deep socket wouldn't clear the tie rod, so i used standard on the bolt side and adjustable on nut side.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in