another question for my friends - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

another question for my friends

Iam replacing the strut rod bushings. On the passenger side they are really worn but on the drivers side they arent too bad. I know that you should put the nuts close to were they were. Though on the passenger side they are threaded on a lot more than the drivers side. The alignment on the drivers side speced out ok, on the passenger it was way off. Iam wondering if I should start over and put the proper torque on all of them so there even. Unless this is normal, I dont know. Also the car was hit once before i bought it in the front, which side Iam not sure, though the frame is straight, had it checked. I want to do it right so I dont have to take it apart again. Thanks all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 07:37 PM

When doing suspension work it's a good idea to do the same to both sides..bushings,balljoints,etc..not doing it is kinda like only changing the brake pads on one side because the other side "still looks good".
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN1293-232
I am wondering if I should start over and put the proper torque on all of them so there even.
You should use a torque wrench on all suspension parts to ensure they are properly tightened....If you need torque specs let me know....
Erik

...you should even torque your wheel lugs.....90 ft-lb.

....What part of Wisconsin are you in?

Last edited by Eric420; 05-31-2005 at 07:45 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 08:12 PM

When you buy the strut rod bushings they come in pairs of 2. 2 fronts and 2 backs. Give Dan a call
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Yeah thanks all.. I rebuilt the whole front suspension including the rack. These bushings are the last of the build. Then off to the alignment shop! I just thought is was weird how the torque was so much different on each side, it was almost if one side was torqued to spec and the other side was torqued twice of the spec if you get what iam saying. Erik, I got all the torque specs here, thanks though. And I also got some TRW bushings. Oh yeah Iam located in Oshkosh, about 45 minutes from you, though Iam sure you allready know where that is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in