MOOG Strut rod sleeves/washers with OEM bushings? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

MOOG Strut rod sleeves/washers with OEM bushings?

Hey guys.....few months ago i purchased the blue thermoplastic MOOG bushings for the frame side and now i want to change to OEM but noticed that the sleeves are mucho $$$ and the bushings are only around $10 a set (per side)....My question is can i still use the sleeves and washers that came w/ the moog kit on the OEM bushings or will i have to shell out the $40 for sleeves? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

should of bought the oes they are only 55ish and come with everything

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

is it ~$55 for both sides?.....From what i've seen online you have to purchase the washers, front/rear sleeves, front/rear bushings, and front/rear washers seperately...

P.S....i bought the moog one's over a year ago and before i knew about the headaches w/ thermoplastic some have had....no biggie..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

its 55 per set, for the front position, i was right btw its 55.60 pn e9sz3a187a . 2 per car , gives everythign needed for the subframe side of the bar . then for the rear(control arm) 2 e9sz3a140b and 2 e9sz3a140a

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 01:14 AM
3rd Gear Poster

I just replaced one of my moog strutrod-to-body bushings today(goind back to oem). What I found was kinda scary. The seam of the metal sleeve slipped on itself on one end and ballooned open on the other. Maybe I should post a pic of what I mean. Anyway, since the seam had slipped, it was chewing its way through the washer and chewing up the threads of the strutrod.

My advice is stay away from those metal sleeve that have a seam. And btw, everything looked fine until I took it out.
Perch
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

I agree....Mine did the exact same thing! I ordered some OEM replacements (fronted the $100 for 'em) and replaced the MOOG one's and before i even lowered the car i knew there was improvement because w/ the dual sleeve design of the oem bushings they were on there nice and snug...the moogs i could slide off the strut rod (on one side) . On the other side i had to "unscrew" the sleeve since it ballooned on one end, but luckily it was on a thread so it came out easily.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in