more noises - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

more noises

my 96 bird runs and drives great but there a few annoying noises. I know what I need to do to fix 2 of them but now I just started getting one more odd noise. When I turn the steering wheel at low speeds or at a stop it makes this creaking/grinding noise. Does anyone have an idea as of why it does this and what i need to do to fix it? Is it a serious problem?
TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 11:55 PM

Tie rods??? uummmm this is what ya do Find out where its coming from first then let us know the where abouts so it would be easyer to help you man! you have to have somone turn the wheel while you listen from out side the car! You have to give a little help to get a little help Thanks ,
Destructor
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

I am almost positive it is not coming from the suspension. It sounds like its coming from the steering column or something around there. I read in another thread about a bad steering pump could cause this and it seems to fit my description.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:15 AM

Guess what You hit it right on the Noise See you dont need help all the Time! well thats what i was thinking Good Job
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

and would such a thing be difficult to install for a car noob?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 02:13 AM
3rd Gear Poster

I'm kinda skeptical about the steering pump suggestion. Steering pumps make a whine or zzzzzzzzzzzzz noise that gets worse with wear. I had a ford parts man tell me that the bearings in the steering column can go bad. Can you feel anything through the steering wheel? If you can't, it may be the front wheel bearings.
Perch
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perch
I'm kinda skeptical about the steering pump suggestion. Steering pumps make a whine or zzzzzzzzzzzzz noise that gets worse with wear. I had a ford parts man tell me that the bearings in the steering column can go bad. Can you feel anything through the steering wheel? If you can't, it may be the front wheel bearings.
Perch
When i turn the wheel i can feel it kind of vibrating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in