bumping from front when braking - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

bumping from front when braking

When I am slowing and am at low speed almost the car car completely stops, I can hear and feel a bumping from the front somewhere. I have pretty much ruled out anything in the brakes, and everything in the front end seems OK (as it always does whenever there is a problem). Anyone else have any problem like this? Oh yeah, it does not feel like warped rotors, and I also machined those recently (my twice-a-year rotor turning).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Forgot one thing. Anybody notice if the V6 handles better than the V8? My car runs circles around my dad's V8, same year, but I do have 235/50R15 S-rated Indy 500s, as opposed to his stock 215/70R15 junkelins. But I have heard people say their V6 outhandles their V8. Just wondering. Gives me a good reason to brag about having a V6, lol.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
Check your strut rod bushings. If it's one bump each time you slow down, I'd check those. If it's multiple in succession, check everything else lol. Typical stuff to check: strut rods, Lower control arms, upper control arms, balljoints, sway bar end links (those could also likely be the culprit). Hope this helps

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Like I said, the front end is tight, and the bushings look ok. However they do have 10 yars and 152k miles on them. I might just end up having to rebuild the front end. I am just posting for this because I don't know what it could be (multiple bumps, by the way), and don't want it to be a safety issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in