Squeaking from front drivers wheel 56k warning - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Squeaking from front drivers wheel 56k warning

Hi everyone. I have been an occasional lurker on this site but never registered until today. I need your help with something. A few weeks ago I noticed sqeaking coming from the front driver's side wheel. The noise is its worst at low to moderate speeds going straight and turning left, and inaudible at highway speeds and during left turns. It is not a constant sound but varies with the speed of wheel rotation. I think I have located the problem but would like your opinions.

These pictures are of the part which I believe is causing the noise. It is the bushing/joint (please excuse my lack of technical knowledge and terminology) located in the gap of the shield behind the brake rotor. This bushing seems to have lost its grease load, it is absolutely covered on the outside in grease, and I even found some on the inside of my wheel after the car sat for a few nights. The other side does not exhibit this same coating of grease and makes no sound. Can someone confirm if this could be the cause of the noise? If it matters any, the car has been lowered about an inch to an inch and a quarter.

Here is a pic of the whole car just for fun:

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 08:11 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbirdlver Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbirdlver
my buick did something like that. at the right speed it got loud especially htrough town. just a slight metal on metal squeak. i took off my wheels and just turned looked and listened. i found it to b that shield behind the rotor. bent it back and its been silent. but if its more when u hit a bump then check ur upper control arms but i dont know what it sounds like

If your exhaust tip is larger than your cylinder bore, then you are a Ricer.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 08:19 PM

Ya thats the outter tie rod end you have pictured. Are pretty sure thats were the squeek is comming from?? You said theres really no grease in it but on the outside i would just throw some more greese in there or else the joint is going to totally fail if it hasnt already. One thing if you hit your brakes does it go away?? just a thought my bird did that and the cause was the pads and rotor combo. They were very squeeky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 08:37 PM
motor city poster

Send a message via AIM to Red96Bird
yup im with ^^ i have some crappy ceramic pads on my car, and i had the same squeaking problem, so i purchased another set of pads and it went away...

so maybe you could try new pads.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in