ST Not lowering very much? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

ST Not lowering very much?

I was wondering if anybody has used ST (Suspension Techniques) Springs and not having them lower your car very much. I put mine on about a year and a half ago, and with my 245/45//18's my car doesnt really look as low as it should be. It looks decent, but I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I posted pics of my car on here a few months ago and some people couldnt tell it looked lowered. I am considering putting on different Springs or cutting these ones over the winter, I want a slight rake to it (lower in the front than the rear) , but nothing much. Thanks.

1997 Ford Thunderbird, Built NA 2V/ T-45
1997 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0L
2003 Lincoln LS V8 Bolt Ons
2009 Yamaha VMax
2011 F-150 Lariat Limited 6.2L 4WD
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack, Recaros
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 05:19 PM
motor city poster

Send a message via AIM to Red96Bird
mine looks lower, trust me, i used to be able to fit my whole hand between the tire and fender, now its about a finger or two.

and i just installed them 4 months ago

i mean its not dramatically lower or anything but it is... mine was one of those "off road" t-birds that had a high setting before it was lowerd, and mine does have a slight rake to it after putting the springs on, i think it dropped the front about 2 inches and the back about an inch or so.

look at the first pic on my car domain page if it still works and thats mine lowered.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 11:16 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to SilverLx
I have the same issues here. It gets rid of that nasty off road look, but it doesn't look lowered. It looks much better than stock thuogh. Also, I'm going to go with a tire with more sidewall, right now I have 255/45/17's on, and I figure I can gain a little space with a 50 or so.

Bird 1: 268 NPI comp cams, pi intake, P&P'd pi heads, ss autochrome headers (waste), dumped exhaust, sct tuned, alum driveshaft, 3.73 TL...Other minor crap

Bird 2: Vortech'd

Both silver, and bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Yeah mine had that 4x4 look as well, I guess it just looks like I think it should have from the factory, and not what a lowered MN-12 should look like lol.

1997 Ford Thunderbird, Built NA 2V/ T-45
1997 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0L
2003 Lincoln LS V8 Bolt Ons
2009 Yamaha VMax
2011 F-150 Lariat Limited 6.2L 4WD
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack, Recaros
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
Mine is low in the front....even enough that I can't get enough camber adjustment. In the rear on the other hand it is quite a bit higher. I would like to lower it about another inch in the rear.

Russell

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in