Suspension Problem - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Suspension Problem

Alright, I'm not very technical with the terms or parts... But was wondering if you could help me out here...

I've been noticing a clunking sound comming from the underbody, I've been trying to ignore it for a few weeks, because I haven't been able to afford to fix it.

I looked underneath, and the part that is broken, seems to be a little rod that connects underneath to a part underneath a big coil in my suspension, next to my right back tire. I apologize, I cant be more specific, but I'm sure you can picture it. The rod is clear off the part, and that side sags a little bit. Will I damage anything if I drive it like that for a little while longer, and how much do you suppose it would cost to fix?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Baby Huey

Swaybar endlink?

Jim

1995 Thunderbird LX: Vortech S-Trim(12psi), Forged PI 4.6, T-45, SCT Tune, Eibach Pro-kit, Magnaflow DI/DO Exhaust, 3.73 TL, and 17" Cobras

1995 Thunderbird SC: Bone Stock
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 09:02 AM
6th Gear Poster

I had the same problem. My sway bar end link bushing fell out and this caused the end link to bang against the sway bar. I caught the problem early and fixed it. I am sure over time the end link would have broken without the rubber busing in place. I would guess that the noise that you hear is the same. It is an easy fix once you find the replacement rubber bushing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Baby Huey

mine did break the endlink thats why i asked.

Jim

1995 Thunderbird LX: Vortech S-Trim(12psi), Forged PI 4.6, T-45, SCT Tune, Eibach Pro-kit, Magnaflow DI/DO Exhaust, 3.73 TL, and 17" Cobras

1995 Thunderbird SC: Bone Stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in