upperca, lower ca, strut rod bushings, etc-FYI - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

upperca, lower ca, strut rod bushings, etc-FYI

Just recieved my parts for my suspension makover.

Some observations:

Motorcraft Upper control arms from Jason P. have the zerk fitting and are cheaper than anywhere else and greasable.

Ford strut rod to subframe bushings are built way better than any of the aftermarket. they also have two ferrules that fit together and are mushroomed to keep the rubber bushings from walking over the super heavy duty washers/keepers. Comparing them to the Moogs, the TRW and any other parts store bushings are junk. Get Ford, they're worth the difference in design and hardware.

Check your toe compensators on the rear control arms. They have boots/seals just like the ball joints do, and they desentigrate just as quickly. Mine from Jason were marked TRW, but were way cheaper than any parts store could get them.

Get SC lower control arms if you are gettin them from the parts store. They come with the strut rod control arm bushing and are $20 cheaper than the standard TBirds. Hopefully I won't have the problems with the aftermrket rear control arm bushings that folks have had with the aftermarket strut rod to subframe bushings.
The SC lower arms I got from Advance did not have a zerk for the ball joint.

Ford front swaybar endlinks are way cheaper from Jason than anywhere else, though they aren't greasable.

Rear endlinks. Make sure yours are in good shape. Mine was clanking, so i picked up some from O'reilly's and stuck them on in an hour. Whoah! What a difference! I thought my trac loc was loose and worn out. It wasn't. Since I was missing a swaybar bushing, it was allowing my inside tire to lift in any corner, spinning the inside tire if I gave it any throttle at all. Now I can stear with the rear as easy as the front. handling is much improved. i can rail a corner again.

BTW, Jason is great to work with, ships cheap and fast, and saves you lots of coin. Thanks to Sir Will and Jason P. for working together to get our factory Ford parts at great prices.

97 T-Bird Sport: Dynomax catback, Removed silencer w/ K&N panel, DReinhart chip, Lightning AGSF12-FM1 plugs/180 stat, Tokico 1.25" dropped stance, bye bye fender gap

'79 F100 SB : 300 ci six, Hurst Mastershift 3spd floor shifter, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4 brrl, EFI manifolds, Chebbie Rockers, Summit Racing 3.50 gearset, DISO 2.5" diesel muffler and 2.5" exhaust, Its'a six?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely put it to use when I start work on my own project.

(Which won't be for a while, gotta finish college first.)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 09:54 PM

Exclamation What is Jason P?

I am interested in changing the upper and lower control arms, the torsion bar bushings for the front end. I will be doing the rear end after the winter. Please forward links or other information so that I may be able to make an informative decision on my parts. I would like greasable ball joints and tie rod ends. Thank you in advance for your time and reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 10:18 PM

Jason P is a person, Jason Preslar. He runs the Ford Parts Counter.

--Chris

DirtyDog Torque Converter For Sale!!
Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
Awaiting some tender deconstruction...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 10:25 PM

Thanks

I will be messaging him to find out the parts and pricing.
Thanks
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

CalBird,the only thing greasable I bought was the upper control arms. I figured if I got 150K miles formteh stock non-greasables, I should be able to go at least another 100K on the non-greasable repalcements.

Jason P is Jason Preslar at Ford Parts Counter in the Marketplace forum.

97 T-Bird Sport: Dynomax catback, Removed silencer w/ K&N panel, DReinhart chip, Lightning AGSF12-FM1 plugs/180 stat, Tokico 1.25" dropped stance, bye bye fender gap

'79 F100 SB : 300 ci six, Hurst Mastershift 3spd floor shifter, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4 brrl, EFI manifolds, Chebbie Rockers, Summit Racing 3.50 gearset, DISO 2.5" diesel muffler and 2.5" exhaust, Its'a six?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in