front end rebuild? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Metal Manipulator

front end rebuild?

ok so i just went to rockauto and i have uca's and lca's for the front suspension is there anything else i should get, or should this be enough to get the job done and has anyone else ordered the MOOG parts cause thats what im gonna get

LED tails and 89-93 headlights~~~>http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=114519
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
Strut rod bushings are a must. Get the OE ones, don't buy the moog's. Might want to replace the inner and outer tie rods as well. Especially if it has alot of miles on it and you plan to keep it. I see alot of wheel bearing problems too. Rebuilding the entire front end is quite a project.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Metal Manipulator

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,7608

which one of these do i need or do i need 2 of both?
also they dont seem to have i/o tie rods on RA is that just something i can get at napa

LED tails and 89-93 headlights~~~>http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=114519
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Converter Guy

Those are junk just like the moog's buy the ford ones or you'll be doing it again.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,7428

DirtyDog Performance.Com

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Metal Manipulator

so are the MOOG uca and lca's bad, should i just go with the motorcraft ones cause all i see are the uca's for motorcraft or should i just go motorcraft uca moog lca sorry if it seems like i cant make up my own mind but i just really dont want to do this again and thanks for the input

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Converter Guy

The uca's and lca's I suggest the trw's they are fine. The strut rod bushings insist on motorcraft. Go talk to Jason about them they are about the same price as the moog's and last alot longer.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 11:31 PM

How about TRW strut rod bushings?? I used these and now I have some regret after reading this. Does anyone have a pic of the two (ford and moog/trw) side by side so I can see what you are talking about??
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Metal Manipulator

thanks again guys and i appreciate all the help......also i just got a set of Eibachs should i wait till i get some new shocks and struts or should i just go ahead and throw em in there with the stockers

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Converter Guy

My LCA's came with trw strut rod bushings, If you want to try them I'll sell them to you cheap I am putting in ford ones. The ford ones are bonded rubber to a steel sleeve. The aftermarket ones are a sleeve that slides into 2 rubber bushings.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 AM

So the Ford ones have an all one piece with a sleeve?? Hmm, I can see where that would make them better. If I had not already done it with the TRW's, I would have done Ford. The Ford ones will have to be pressed in right??
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Converter Guy

The ford ones are 2 piece with the rubber bonded to 2 sleeves. The aftermarket ones are technically 3 piece and none of them have to be pressed on.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in