Tokico kit..not much drop - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Tokico kit..not much drop

I've had the Tokico HPK221 kit on my car for a few weeks now and took some measurements. I only dropped 1/2" in the front and no drop in the back.

I'm hoping it'll settle some since I just had the front end rebuilt with new arms, bushings, and endlinks. The rear I put new isolators, swaybar endlinks, and toe compensators.

Anyone use this kit and notice the same thing?

I'm expecting the 1 1/4" drop on all 4 corners as Tokico advertised.

97 T-Bird Sport: Dynomax catback, Removed silencer w/ K&N panel, DReinhart chip, Lightning AGSF12-FM1 plugs/180 stat, Tokico 1.25" dropped stance, bye bye fender gap

'79 F100 SB : 300 ci six, Hurst Mastershift 3spd floor shifter, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4 brrl, EFI manifolds, Chebbie Rockers, Summit Racing 3.50 gearset, DISO 2.5" diesel muffler and 2.5" exhaust, Its'a six?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Mark M. TCCoA VP Send a message via Yahoo to Mark M. TCCoA VP
Give it time.

"Mark M. TCCoA VP. Emeritus"

To the Batmobile ! ! !

ADDCO MN12 big bar R&D guru
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I am pretty sure when I installed mine it was an obvious drop immediately, and it didn't settle as much as all four corners even out.

Just curious, but did you do the final assembly/tightening of some key components with the weight of the car on the suspension, mainly the lower shock mount in front and...I can't think of what in the rear would be an issue and depends on if you removed the entire lower arm or not. I did mine with the front end still up in the air and I think it wasn't as low as it was when I replaced the lower arms and tightened up the lower shock mount at ride height, however the new lower arms/shock mount didn't have serations like the old one did, so I assume it would have settled anyways.

I went from:

to

Maybe not a full 1.25 inches, but over an inch.

And Yes, it still isn't too good and Yes I need different sized tires, but gotta wear these out first.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I don't have any good pictures from the same vantage point before and after, and with the same light, but here are the two pictures similar sized and using the upper part of the side moulding as a reference, with a red line.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
I did the 1.75 drop kit to my car. Immediately I noticed about .75 within the next 2 weeks it dropped to about 1.5 total. I added a bunch of weight in the trunk to get it to come down. You just have to break things in.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

i went from Sport springs also. I work a Tech school, so I let the autoshop do my car as a suspension project. My lower arms are TRW and they did have the serrated shock mounts. Maybe there is a tightness in the bushings and they have to loosen up.

97 T-Bird Sport: Dynomax catback, Removed silencer w/ K&N panel, DReinhart chip, Lightning AGSF12-FM1 plugs/180 stat, Tokico 1.25" dropped stance, bye bye fender gap

'79 F100 SB : 300 ci six, Hurst Mastershift 3spd floor shifter, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4 brrl, EFI manifolds, Chebbie Rockers, Summit Racing 3.50 gearset, DISO 2.5" diesel muffler and 2.5" exhaust, Its'a six?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in