strut rod bushing install question, big bushing on front right? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

strut rod bushing install question, big bushing on front right?

I had the Ford bushings installed when I had the front end of my car rebuilt a few weeks ago. O work at a tech school, so I let the autoshop do a project on my car. I finally got under it Saturday to check things out and it looks like they reversed my cross member strut rod bushings.

how are the bushing to be installed? The large bushing is the front and the small one is the rear bushing isn't it? It looks like they put the small bushing on the front and the larger one on the rear of the cross member.

I checked the box from Ford and there weren't any instructions in it.

97 T-Bird Sport: Dynomax catback, Removed silencer w/ K&N panel, DReinhart chip, Lightning AGSF12-FM1 plugs/180 stat, Tokico 1.25" dropped stance, bye bye fender gap

'79 F100 SB : 300 ci six, Hurst Mastershift 3spd floor shifter, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4 brrl, EFI manifolds, Chebbie Rockers, Summit Racing 3.50 gearset, DISO 2.5" diesel muffler and 2.5" exhaust, Its'a six?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

I checked Mitchell OnDemand and answered my own question. Bushing with the metal flange goes in front, bushing without the metal flange goes behind the crossmember. The bushings are labeled FRONT and REAR to remove any doubt.

The front washer faces front and the rear washer faces rear, just the opposite of what you'd think.

They also recommend tightening the lower shock bolt with full weight on the suspension to prevent binding or wrapping of the shock bushing. Of course, we already knew this, but for those who don't...there it is.

97 T-Bird Sport: Dynomax catback, Removed silencer w/ K&N panel, DReinhart chip, Lightning AGSF12-FM1 plugs/180 stat, Tokico 1.25" dropped stance, bye bye fender gap

'79 F100 SB : 300 ci six, Hurst Mastershift 3spd floor shifter, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4 brrl, EFI manifolds, Chebbie Rockers, Summit Racing 3.50 gearset, DISO 2.5" diesel muffler and 2.5" exhaust, Its'a six?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in