need to rebuild suspension? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

need to rebuild suspension?

the suspension on my 97 lx has been getting worse dispite my efforts to freshen her up! so far i have replaced all the springs and shocks front and rear about 10k miles ago, and have just replaced the front lower control arms, upper conrol arm bushing and all the rubber bushings in the rear end with eurothane from supercoupe performance. still when i hit a bump the suspension is very hollow sounding, just sounds like everything is loose. it drives straight down the road and dosent have any alignment problems. what can i do short of a complete rebuild to fix this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

guess i forgot to put that in,, replaced them about 20k miles ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 PM
4th Gear Poster

Is it coming from the front end? It could be the front stabilizer bar end links. There's not much room for them to move around if they're worn, and it will occasionally make a dull rattling noise after hitting a bump, or sometimes a sharp clunk when turning hard at slow speeds (like uphill into a driveway). Check for marks on the inside 1/2 of the front shocks near the bottom (a narrow strip of paint missing).

Hope you find it.
That is all...

Experience is simply knowing what not to do... and knowing what won't work.
The Car... 324,201 and still goin' strong; Me... I'm NOT a complete idiot - still missing a few parts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Poster

Move out of Indy! I lived there for 28 yrs, and the roads are awful!

I'd double check all the bolts. I just did a rebuild on parts and had to come back after a few days of driving. Nothing was too loose, but not fully torqued. Also, check the end-links in the rear. I lost the bushings in mine and it made the whole care feel loose and rattle-y. Seemed to transmit everywhere through the car also.

Jason

Mods: Removed silencer, K&N panel filter, RichardM Intake, J-Mod, B&M 28K w/ SS lines
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the tips guys,, im actually in southern alabama now but unfortunatly the roads arnt much better (think cheese grater). i think im gonna replace all the rest of the rubber with urathane when i put in the new swaybars. that should take care of it i think.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

about 20 miles from dothan in enterprise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in