bolt in 4 link - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to coggonobrien Send a message via MSN to coggonobrien Send a message via Yahoo to coggonobrien
bolt in 4 link

here's a thought. since our rear subframe is a bolt in unit why not drop it make a new tube steel sub frame with a triangulated four link and a 9 inch. then eventually tie that into the front with connecters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:53 AM

Don't take this as gospel- just my opinion.

I think there wouldn't be room for proper, or at least commonly used geometry. The trunk floor sits too low. To make it take a pre-fabbed 4-link there would be a big, weakening hole in the floorpan. A custom 4-link with relocated arms 'might' be made to fit.

Maybe room for ladder bars if you eliminate the gas tank. Either way you would have to channel in some real framerails.

The car would probably need a cage by the time you did all that.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to coggonobrien Send a message via MSN to coggonobrien Send a message via Yahoo to coggonobrien
what i was thinking was ditch the fuel take in favor of a fuel cell that would sit in between the rails freeing up a lot of room. the four links we make at work don't take up more than a foot of room plus supsension travel which really isn't gonna be all that great so it should be a matter of cutting out the trunk floor, mounting the frame then fabbing a new floor. I was gonna keep the fuel cell as far forward as possible and then use lines to route it to the original filler neck. probably but it right under the back seat with a trap door in the steel under the seat to make access to the pump easier. i know its not the best location for weight distribution but it would be neat and clean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Poster

here is a link to my ladder bar install i am currently doing, with a fuel cell it actually fits nicely. here is the link with pics http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85976

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in