TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Body Mod Progress -- PICS!!!

2K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  JustinH 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I went to the body shop today and snapped some pics of the car in progress. Lemme know what you think.

I like the third pic the best. It shows how flat it'll look. I can't wait til it's done.

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks soooo great. It's looks so much more clean now, more like the older '94-'95 but with the newer lights. Are you going to put any kind of moulding on there or leave it flat?

#8 ·
okcbird said:
You need a 94/95 front bumper, for some reason without that side molding that bumper just doesn't 'go' on the car anymore.
Probably because it has that bulbulous pregnant flare to match the molding. :)

#9 ·
i think it looks great

clear corners will really change the look of the whole front end. since your whole car is white.

Marvin M.

#10 ·
Wow - that looks Great Sir Will!

What are you doing with the side mouldings?

I've always been a fan of the stuff, but I may just rip mine off too when I do my body job...

#12 ·
Neato! I see a pair of third gen f-body doors in the background. ;) If you have your mouldings left over, let me know! I need to find the one that goes on the fender, I am missing one. I have to look to remember which side it is. It does look sooo much cleaner without them, but I -just- completed repainting the Camaro about 2 months ago. I got the car completly flat, without a low spot or wave anywhere on the whole car. I left the mouldings off b/c I thought that it looked cleaner without them, and yesterday on of my lazy neigbors flung thier door into it and now there is a huge door dent on the driver's side. :zsoapbox: :skull: I will be putting the mouldings back on the car, hopefully they will cover the ding. (about 1" or so) 'Twas perfect. :bawling:

#14 ·
slo1 said:
That looks awesome, how much is it setting you back?
I try not to think about it. Actually, I'm not sure what's it's going to wind up costing me. I trade out the vast majority of the body work for catalog design and layout and web design and layout. Plus photography and computer work, etc.

I do pay for materials, but not labor. I will tell you I have $250+ in sandblasting/sodablasting, $300+ in plastic filler and adhesive, and it looks like it'll be around $200 for the remote system and solenoids. Oh, and don't forget the $600+ for the springs and shocks that are on the way.

#15 ·
Looks fantastic.

It's very clean now. Between this and the front bumper work, you've made it look like a sports car rather than a family sedan.

I like where you're going with it... can hardly wait to see the finished product.:xpcool:

#19 ·
He shouldn't trade labor for labor though, by the sounds of it he's doing some major web work which if it's anything half way professional, web work can run high fast, thousands, and I can't imagine getting your stuff "shaved" costing thousands, oh well, his deal not mine.

#20 ·
Looks cool.. but I've become somewhat partial to the side moldings.. heeh.

I didn't know they were attatched like that, though.

#21 ·
I realized obviously that some people would love it and some would hate it. Personally, the pics so far don't come close to doing it justice. It's REALLY sharp looking in person. It'll be nearly one of a kind when it's done.

I'll keep posting pics along the way. I can tell you the rear bumper is nearly done. The whole car should be in primer by tomorrow and painted on Monday or Tuesday.

I also got my Eibachs today, so as soon as the Bilsteins come in, I'm good to go.

#23 ·
HOLY COW THATS A LOT OF HOLES FOR CLADDING.... i personally love the way it looks, nice and clean..... i wanna go the same route, but now that i see what it looks like, i might reconsider, i wonder how it would look if you kept the cladding on but filled in those molding lines inside the cladding and the front bumper, like bill already did, but all the way around the car...

#26 ·
I was thinkin of shavin off the side mouldings, etc. off of my '93, but the bumpers would not match the sides(bummer)...but I can get the handles though...All this will have to be after my 351 swap...

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.