TCCoA Forums banner

Baton Rouge New years meet

6K views 60 replies 10 participants last post by  EPelezo 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright I just pm'd all the LA crew that don't post much. (Took forever!)

I'd like to set something up in BR since we've got some texas folk who would like to attend.

so tentatively lets say:

timeframe: somewhere around new years
where: Baton Rouge, la
Who: LA, TX, MS crew

please post in this thread if you will be able to do something and what day - so I can start nailing down an exact day.

Also please pm me your email so I can complile an LA Chapter mailing list.

#29 ·
EPelezo said:
January 8th it is then, until how long though?

Sure, nice t-shirts sound cool...I can make the graphics if need be.
just one day - meet at hooters on the 8th, we can figure out a place to cruise and get a group car photo.

I've got an idea for the shirts,

I'll post the graphics when I"m done.

#32 ·
Kentwood said:
OK, so far we have:

EPelezo
BIG PETE
fear this SC
Nightmist_Outlaw
504 Bird
Paddycake
ITT-BIRD
10/10ths
chris g
moose02623

Ok that's the list so far.

If anyone cannot do it on the 8th of Jan for sure - then PLEASE SAY SO NOW.

If something comes up please post as soon as you find out the date it a prob.

#33 ·
hehe,

So are we going to be going to the NP race track and autox for a little bit? I'd like to give it a go, I've never drag raced my car at the track and never have taken her around a corner any faster than I should have in this car.

#34 ·
EPelezo said:
hehe,

So are we going to be going to the NP race track and autox for a little bit? I'd like to give it a go, I've never drag raced my car at the track and never have taken her around a corner any faster than I should have in this car.

hmmmmmmmm

I'll check around - pretty sure no autox in BR - have to go to New Orleans for that.

#35 ·
Hmm,

Well I'm going to be taking a week off to give me time to break in the new transmission so I minus well try her out.

What about No Problem RW?

#36 ·
just checked the NP schedule - no SCCA events till Jan.

The fast ford weekend is april.

And no test n tunes around the 8th.

Since this meet is being thrown together so soon - lets get together at hooters with the NP calender and plan out our next meet around some events.

#37 ·
Alright,

Sounds good, so drive down there on the 8th and drive back on the 8th? Wow, that's kind of crazy...even when I live in the Port City.

#38 ·
EPelezo said:
Alright,

Sounds good, so drive down there on the 8th and drive back on the 8th? Wow, that's kind of crazy...even when I live in the Port City.
I just checked the local SCCA chapters and NADA till feb or so.

We could make it a 2 day meet since most of us are locals I guess.

We'd have to find something to do - the 21 and up crew could go stir up trouble somewhere :D

#40 ·
sounds like a plan ill ask off for that day. i live in pascagoula MS so ill need directions but other than that sounds cool. MODS< K@N panel filter,modified violin case,removed mufflers.

#44 ·
Ok guys,

Just got an email from the Delta Region Scca (http://www.delta-scca.org)

They finally released a 2005 schedule and will be having an autoX day on Jan 18th in zephyr stadium.

So if you guys want to push the meet back and move it to metarie - we could go do the autox

Delta Autocross
Zephyrs Stadium - 6000 Airline Dr - Metairie, La
Regis & Tech 8-9:30am
1st Car Out 10:30am

And it won't be over till the afternoon

So I'm thinking maybe saturday the 17th we go to hooters or something and meet each other maybe some of us older guys can hit up some bars or something.

Then the next morning we meet up maybe get breakfast and hit the autox

what do you think?

#47 ·
Well,

It would be kind of interesting to pit the RX7 against anyone willing to autox. I've only semi-updated to autoxing specs.

Tockio Struts & Shocks
Suspension Techniques Springs
Worn Tires

I'd be willing to try it out granted I'm going to be buying new tires anyways and I need to test the RX7 out on a road trip but I need to know an exact date.

Would a 17 Year Old be able to autox?

Thanks,
Eric M. Pelezo

#49 ·
Alright,

I'll take the 16th, 17th, 18th off! (Granted 17 Year Olds Can Race)

What all do you have to do to your car in order to be autox legal?

Thanks,
Eric M. Pelezo

#50 ·
SO is it the 8th or the 18th?
Either way its cool by me I'll bring a friend of mine and his M3 engined 325.
I can guarantee if the local SCCA chapter is there there will be some nice hardware there.
I can think of at least 2 S2000's and a couple of TSX's (not to mention a few MN-12's).
If we all want to get into a Strip joint after the fun lemmie know a friend of mine is Floor manager @ Scarlets......

#51 ·
Ps you may have to bring a Brain Bucket or rent one day of.... I would prefer to bring one if I had one available.
Other than that just like Dragracing for the prep good running condition and insurance.
May count me out if My bumpercover isn't on my then...:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.