New 1991 Sport owner - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New 1991 Sport owner

Hello! I bought a 1991 Tbird sport last year after a 3 year search to find one. My father owned one new from ford, and would never shut up about how it was a better car than his corvette or camaro. I figured I'd find out once and for all if he was telling the truth or not. Unfortunately, life's grabbed me by the balls and I now find myself being launched into another state and having to dump all of my possessions. My car will hopefully be done by summer, which is when I'm leaving. I'd like to at least drive it once before I have to send it to the crusher. It currently has 55,015 miles and I'm the second owner. Proud to finally be a member of the community, and even prouder to have the rarest of them all. I'm just disappointed that I won't get more time to be here. When I hit 30 posts, the car's going up for sale in the marketplace, but will not be made available to the general public, I'd like the next owner of the car to actually appreciate it.

Oh by the way the planned modifications are as follows:

I've ripped the entire black interior out of a TBird Base (90) and am going to install it in the sport, which currently has a grey interior. The only thing that won't be sport accurate is that the seats will be the base cloth instead of the premium cloth, which I'm okay with because premium cloth seats are a flawed design with a tendency to rip. It's stupid, I know. Keep the car original, they say, but you have no idea how much I HATE gray interiors! They are the absolute worst!

Speaking of the black interior, I also own the aforementioned 90 Tbird base, which is also silver with the black interior I wanted. It's just your average package 151a, but it has one unique feature: The car has been sitting since September 6th, 2001, and was towed to storage in November of that same year. The car's interior was mint, with everything in the car as if the owner were going to return in a week or so to drive it home. Unfortunately, other things happened so now, 17 years later, I'm tearing it down for my sport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 01:39 PM
5th Gear Poster

Garage
Welcome! Post some pics of the cars! Guess Im not the youngest one here anymore, lol

First: Stacie, 1996 Tbird LX, mild build NPI engine, PI cams and intake, Long tube headers, Jmod.

Second: Ellie, 1989 Tbird SC, r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶d̶a̶i̶l̶y̶. off the deep end

Third: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500, thirsty daily.

Fourth: 1990 Tbird SC, GT40 5.0 mated to m5r2, BBK long tubes, motor out the hood, drift car.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote Jr. View Post
Welcome! Post some pics of the cars! Guess Im not the youngest one here anymore, lol
I'd be happy to oblige!... when the snow melts. A snow plow went by the garage where my cars are stored so now there's a 4 foot pile in front of the garage door...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 07:11 PM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PileOfGeorge View Post
When I hit 30 posts, the car's going up for sale in the marketplace.
George,

Your all set in the Marketplace.

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in