Hello again!!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Garage
Hello again!!!

Hey everyone! Technically not a "newb" but, I suppose I probably am as the last time I was active on here was 11+ years ago. It has unfortunately been that long since i've had/driven a tbird, and that is about to change, today! Picking up a 94SC auto over in kansas. I'll post pics that the seller included, and will update with more once I have her at the house. She will have to be towed on a trailer as the rear end needs rebuilt, but shes getting 373's and a trac-loc next week!

Current owner has rebuilt the motor, rebuilt the tranny, re-upolstered all seats with SCP leather package, sound deadened the interior, new suspension, and new paint in 2013.

Current/upcoming mods: 10% supercharger pully is already installed, I have on order from SCP
- 3.5" intake with box
- 76mm maf housing and larger idle air control valve
- 75mm throttle body
- Single tune chip

future mods - once i have her driving, first thing will be exhaust, then just enjoy her for a while. Ultimate plan is to get to 300rwhp and leave it at that, but we all know how that goes.

well, without further ado, here are the pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor1.jpg (176.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg body1.jpg (63.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg seats1.jpg (23.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg seats2.jpg (57.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg interior3.jpg (29.7 KB, 6 views)

For all the free people that still protest, you are welcome. We protect you and you are protected by the best. We are your fathers, brothers, and sons,
Wearing the boots and carrying the guns.
In order for that flag you love to fly, Wars must be fought and young men must die. We came here to fight for the ones we hold dear, If that’s not respected, we would rather stay here. When the conflict is over and all is well, be thankful that we chose to go through hell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Garage
pics of the motor rebuild
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heads1.jpg (37.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg block1.jpg (35.1 KB, 4 views)

For all the free people that still protest, you are welcome. We protect you and you are protected by the best. We are your fathers, brothers, and sons,
In order for that flag you love to fly, Wars must be fought and young men must die. We came here to fight for the ones we hold dear, If that’s not respected, we would rather stay here. When the conflict is over and all is well, be thankful that we chose to go through hell.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:37 AM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Welcome back, looks like a nice SC your buying!

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Garage
Thanks Joe!!

I can't wait to pick her up. Won't be able to drive it much for the next week until the guy rebuilds the rear end but should be driveable enough to drive around the block. Wondering what I will be reading at the dyno once all the mods and the new SCP chip are put on. If the numbers from SCP's website are correct, in theory, i'll be making 290hp at the motor. we shall see!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:57 PM
PostWhore

Congrats!

Al

97 T-Bird LX 4.6 - 80k miles
94 Supra TT Auto - street/strip car
04 CVPI- Brenda's car - 76k miles
Previous Fords:
95 T-Bird LX 4.6 - fully optioned, owned 15 years, 220k miles
96 Cougar XR-7 4.6- Brenda's car, owned 11 years, 187k miles
88 T-Bird 3.8 - first T-Bird, owned 5 years, 206k miles
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Garage
well picked her up! Few things that need fixed but overall im super happy. First thing outside of the rear end is the power steering pump is leaking pretty bad, so that will have to be fixed. Breaks are needing to be bled BAD, and it needs a tune up. but all easy enough things i can do over a weekend.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 02:52 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceBird View Post
well picked her up! Few things that need fixed but overall im super happy. First thing outside of the rear end is the power steering pump is leaking pretty bad, so that will have to be fixed. Breaks are needing to be bled BAD, and it needs a tune up. but all easy enough things i can do over a weekend.
The steering pump we have is a little different; there's a solenoid for the EVO steering that you need to ensure is there on the new one, or swap it over to the new one.

The lines are available from RockAuto; I bought ACDelco lines, and they've been on for several years now.

I'd go thru the brakes carefully; the system should be gravity bled, and all the fluid replaced.

If it has ABS, be really careful about the reservoir, and don't let it get empty while you're bleeding it; search, there's a procedure for bleeding them properly, and in what sequence.

The lines that go to the calipers are getting old, and I've had one fail, as has someone else recently; I'd inspect all 4, and make sure there are no distortions or cracks.

RA has those cheap as well. (<20, last I bought any)

If it needs new brakes, consider the PBR brake upgrade; it's not a lot more expensive, and improves braking a lot.

You'll want that for the 3.73's, being able to stop can be important, lol.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, Most Outrageous Diversion by MSNBC for this quote
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog6 View Post
The steering pump we have is a little different; there's a solenoid for the EVO steering that you need to ensure is there on the new one, or swap it over to the new one.

The lines are available from RockAuto; I bought ACDelco lines, and they've been on for several years now.

I'd go thru the brakes carefully; the system should be gravity bled, and all the fluid replaced.

If it has ABS, be really careful about the reservoir, and don't let it get empty while you're bleeding it; search, there's a procedure for bleeding them properly, and in what sequence.

The lines that go to the calipers are getting old, and I've had one fail, as has someone else recently; I'd inspect all 4, and make sure there are no distortions or cracks.

RA has those cheap as well. (<20, last I bought any)

If it needs new brakes, consider the PBR brake upgrade; it's not a lot more expensive, and improves braking a lot.

You'll want that for the 3.73's, being able to stop can be important, lol.
looking at rock auto they have a Cardone rem'd one with reservior and EVA valve for $60. part number 207252. think that will work ok?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Kind of slapped together

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceBird View Post
looking at rock auto they have a Cardone rem'd one with reservior and EVA valve for $60. part number 207252. think that will work ok?
I'm not sure it has the EVO valve in it; that looks just like where the EVO screws in.

RwP

Fuelly
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:09 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
The evo unscrews, and can be swapped to a pump that doesn't include it; just make sure it has the hole.

I know 03 gran marquis pumps don't have the hole.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, Most Outrageous Diversion by MSNBC for this quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in