New Member - TCCoA Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Praetorious
  • 1 Post By Praetorious

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys, my name is Carlos,just wanted to introduce myself,i am a longtime Mustang owner and a Thunderbird owner,Ive known of this site for centuries but hadn't become a member till recently,i am 49 years old and work in a machine shop,been a Ford man since i was little,my father was in the oil business overseas for many years so i grew up in a few different places but when i turned 18 i moved back home,i have a 91 Mustang GT and a 95/96/99 Thunderbird that i am "restoring" at the moment,yep, hes a Frankenstein,lol but i love him none the less,just wanted to introduce myself!!
ErwinN likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:36 PM
4th Gear Poster

Garage
Can you show us some pics of the 95\96\99 Thunderbird? I am curious to see what that looks like. Is it a 3.8, 3.8Sc or a 4.6? I learned alot from this site over the years, theres alot of good info here to help you restore it. Good luck with your project car.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Hey Kevin, thank you for the reply, ill tell you the story about the car,my best friend bought a 96 red T bird in 97 with about 30 thousand miles,since i had a couple of Mustangs we were always doing work to them and i mean always,you know, tinkering,lol.

This took place in the late 90s, in 99 my buddy had heard about the PI swap and he decided to go along and do it,I'm not trying to make any claims here but i think that Red T bird was one of the very first T birds to have this swap done, i remember vaguely he was a member of a forum and the guys were always asking him 'is it done? how does it pull? cant wait to do mine, etc etc etc" you have to remember this is early internet days so there wasn't much help from forums and things like today.

In 2001 he had had the car repainted,a spoiler put on it,cowl induction hood, the works,it was beautiful and then this guy ran into him and destroyed it,he ended up buying a Mustang after that and met this girl (a witch really) and proceeded to settle down with her and all car projects came to a end,well almost.

As fate would have it, this girl that he had gotten together with had a green T bird, a 95 (of all models) and one day he decided,well i have this destroyed car here, why not swap my stuff into this 95? so all the stuff from the 96 went into this 95,in 2006 he called me up (besides being my best friend and a great guy hes my landlord also) and he asked me if i wanted to buy the old Bird so i jumped on it for sentimental reasons and he basically gave it to me.

I drove the car for 3 years or so,had to replace the intake (imagine that) and a few other things,in 2010 my sister passed and i just kinda lost interest in some things and i parked the car at my work and i started it every other month or so and took it for a spin etc.

About 2 months ago for some reason i got the "fever" again and decided to fix the car and thats what Ive been doing and i have been enjoying myself a lot doing it,basically and not trying to give my buddy a hard time but when he installed all the guts into the 95 it was more or less a "rush job" ,screws missing, lines going to wrong places,harness spliced unnecessarily,etc etc, you get the picture so since I'm a little older now Ive kinda gotten that "by the book" thinking.

When the intake cracked we got a Dorman intake (not the best) so i got some new injectors here recently,a new OEM ford intake, sourced out a bunch of correct hardware and I'm in the process of restoring the harness, motor runs good but i might get a new one in the future,Ive never been into "going fast" i just enjoy driving my Mustang and my T bird and i love working on cars,while changing a heater core might seem to some people as a drag or a incredibly horrible experience i enjoy doing things like that, i have a lot of patience for the most part and i like taking my time working on things, sorry for the long post, just felt like explaining the history of the car which i call "Mean green" lol, its really nothing special,just a 95 Dark green T bird with the usual bubbling paint,basically it has a PI swap,headers, 3.73 gears and a higher stall converter.
Tbird Bob likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:02 AM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Welcome!

Sounds like a fun project you have going there, keep the updates coming.

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Thank you much Joe, i went to the salvage today and i got me some intake bolts,when we installed the intake back in 2010 i noticed those bolts were a tad short so since I'm installing a new intake i got some proper intake bolts from a 96 mustang in the yard,i think the bolts that intake had in my car were from the previous 95 intake which i believe are shorter and my buddy put them on there without noticing, it was hot as all get out today so i didn't spend too much time there but i did noticed that Mustang i pulled the bolts from had that front clip with the 2 holes which i know only the Cobra had but being it had the SOHC engine i think someone just put that bumper there at some point during its life.

I do have a question,that Fuse cover that the T birds have under the hood,did that only come on T birds? mine is broken and there is a 95 T bird at the yard i go to and i did get the fuse cover but its broken a bit but its better than nothing but next time i go there id like to look f or another one in case another type of car came with it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in