TCCoA Forums banner

Newbie here

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  hershy573 
#1 ·
Thanks for letting me join, I just got a 1994 Ford Thunderbird LX and absolutely love it. This thing runs and drives great, haven't had any problems with it other than I have no tunes. The radio comes on, but I don't hear anything. Even with the volume all the way up. I think the factory amp is bad, it has the premium sound so I know it has one. Anyway, like I said this is a great car other than that. I've owned it just over a day and already put close to 150 miles on it. I hope to learn more about the car as I own it, and from y'all as well.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome!

That car is loaded - auto headlamps, climate control, etc.

Al

#8 ·
Either find someone on here with another factory radio, or move into the 21st century with one from Crutchfield with Bluetooth hands free calling, CD and USB for around $150 or so. Had good luck with the Kenwoods.

Al

Reactions: Trunk Monkey
#12 ·
Wow, that's one beautiful Bird. My T-Bird at this time has no sound ( tunes ) either. I've been trying, to get my hands on a factory unit with so far no luck. I even posted a message on here. I'll probably have to go to an aftermarket unit. But that's Ok, theres some excellent systems out there.
I did some inexpensive mods to my Thunderbird to give it a little more umph. if interested, let me know.

#13 ·
If possible, get to know the audio technician at a ford dealership. They might have a rebuilt (repaired) ford branded radio for your car.
I did that and got a stock CD, cassette player for my 2004 mountaineer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.