TCCoA Forums banner

New Member - 1997 Ford Thunderbird V8 w/ pic

Tags
picture
2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Bad-Hoschy 
#1 · (Edited)
My name is Dan (Titan), I own '97 Thunderbird LX V8 in Denim Blue. I live in the North West Indiana (South Bend). I've owned my Thunderbird for 4 years now and it was my first car. It's been an amazing well rounded car for the money. I've only had to put about $1000 into repairs/maintenance since I've got it including buying new rims/tires, shop changing trans/dif fluid, and complete moog front suspension rebuild done myself. Which is pretty good considering I drive it like I stole it on a daily basis, pedal to the floor 2-4x a day for years and it's still rock solid. I "crashed" the car into a curb during a sleet/ice storm and broke a tie rod, I drove my car home with a broken, sheared in half, tie rod (didn't realize it was broken) boy that was fun, it chewed the inside of the oem rim apart so I had to get new ones from tire rack (cost $400 for tires and rims). Wonder if anyone's in my area, I often feel I'm amongst the last of the Thunderbird's in my area, maybe because salt and neglect has claimed so many in the rust belt :crying:.

I take my car for an hour long spin through the backroads nearly every evening at 7-8pm and just listen to music and engage in spirited driving. I don't even drive to a destination most of the time, just see where the roads less traveled take me. I took this photo today driving by some farm fields.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.