Anyone know about ticket fines? Houston guys? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
PostSlut

Anyone know about ticket fines? Houston guys?

I'm going to court tomorrow to get some tickets dismissed....2 of them I know I can get dismissed.
But, the 1 I got for speeding, was 30 over the limit(75 in a 45).
I know I can't take defensive driving, but do yall think I can get deferred disposition?(or deferred adjudication, is what I used to call it).
I looked online, and I might be eligible, but not sure with mine being 30 over the limit.
Anyone in Houston know?

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Request defensive driving. They don't have to let you do it, but they likely will. And stop speeding, Mr. "Take your car to the track and PROVE your point!"

It's only funny until someone gets hurt.
Then it's freaking hilarious.

Adventures in ChumpCar Racing
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
PostSlut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey
Request defensive driving. They don't have to let you do it, but they likely will. And stop speeding, Mr. "Take your car to the track and PROVE your point!"
Online it says that you can't take defensive driving, if the speed is 25 and over....

and oh yeah, this was in my truck.

May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Texas Chapter Director

Send a message via AIM to speed95 Send a message via Yahoo to speed95
deferred adjudication. You should be able to get that. Just dont get convicted of another fine with in 90 days.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Metal Manipulator

i took a defensive driving course for 80 in a 55......of course that was like 7 years ago so they might have changed that

LED tails and 89-93 headlights~~~>http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=114519
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Texas Chapter Director

And Texas is kinda strict
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 07:38 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by _95badbird
Online it says that you can't take defensive driving, if the speed is 25 and over....

and oh yeah, this was in my truck.
You can't automatically take it. Many years ago, I got a ticket for 87 in a 55 (LaPorte cop; long story, but I was only doing 70). When I went to the hearing, I just requested DD and they allowed it. I've never done deferred adjudication, so I don't know how that would work.

Just remember, all they want is your money. They don't really care about anything else. Start by requesting DD since it's cheapest for you, and negotiate up to DA (you have to pay the fine for this, right? DA just keeps it off your record?).

It's only funny until someone gets hurt.
Then it's freaking hilarious.

Adventures in ChumpCar Racing
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
deferred adjudication = Prayer for Judgement in NC it means they'll suspend nailing you for 75 in a 45 for some period of time (a year in NC) provided that you don't get nailed again in that time frame. If you do you're screwed. Then they nail you for that offence and the one that was suspended. Get a good lawyer and see what he says. Lawyers are dirt bags except in traffic court. I had one get me out of a ticket for 95 in a 65 in Tennessee a few years ago. That one cost me $400. But! it saved me about $2,000 in higher insurance rates. Good Luck!

Edit: The trooper cut me a brake and only wrote the ticket for like 85 - I really was running closer to 95. That made a huge difference.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 12-13-2006 at 11:35 AM.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

damnmit boys.....30 over.....i would lose my CDL automatically...if you are able to get that differed deal.....do it.....like chris said, NO tickets for some 90 days or so or else your screwed.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 11:31 AM

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
so, i can request deferred desposition, and then what? i got a tick for 20 over. 50 in a 30... does it just mean that i dont get it put on my record, but i have to pay the fine?
Like I said, ask a lawyer. This forum is the worst place to ask legal advice. Every state is different.

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRigby
Like I said, ask a lawyer. This forum is the worst place to ask legal advice. Every state is different.
Thats why he posted this in the TEXAS Chapter
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 11:40 AM

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
so, i can request deferred desposition, and then what? i got a tick for 20 over. 50 in a 30... does it just mean that i dont get it put on my record, but i have to pay the fine?
If you look closely that quote is from somebody in Kansas.

Just trying to help.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Baby Huey

Try posting in the Donut Shop here http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/index.php? They are all cops.

Jim

1995 Thunderbird LX: Vortech S-Trim(12psi), Forged PI 4.6, T-45, SCT Tune, Eibach Pro-kit, Magnaflow DI/DO Exhaust, 3.73 TL, and 17" Cobras

1995 Thunderbird SC: Bone Stock
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
If you look closely that quote is from somebody in Kansas.

Just trying to help.
Really?...the qoute is but not the poster....anyhow no need for an argument.

Last edited by rzibilske77; 12-13-2006 at 12:07 PM.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Pro Mod X

Send a message via Yahoo to jazzycat
If this ticket is in Houston, you can say goodbye to trying the defensive driving route. They are very strict about how fast you were going and how lenient they will be. The best route for this ticket is deferred adjudification. I should know, I lived in Houston for a little more than half of my life, and have gotten many tickets there.

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 12:10 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
rzibilske77

I see what you're saying. No hard feelings.

-Ron

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
rzibilske77

I see what you're saying. No hard feelings.

-Ron
no problem, your basically right, none of us have a for sure answer for him
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
PostSlut

Well, I went, and asked the clerk if I could do either....she said I need to set a court date to talk with the judge about it.....so in 2-3 weeks I'll get a court date.

When I was younger(16), I got deferred adjudication....back then it was 180 days.

Trust me, I got roughly around 30 tickets in my first 3 years of driving....I was going to defensive driving just about every damn year.

May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 03:32 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
Wow! You ought to be an expert at this by now. We should be asking you for advice not the other way around.

Anyway good luck fighting this in two weeks. Let us know if you're able to cut a deal.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Texas Chapter Director

Quote:
Well, I went, and asked the clerk if I could do either....she said I need to set a court date to talk with the judge about it.....so in 2-3 weeks I'll get a court date.

When I was younger(16), I got deferred adjudication....back then it was 180 days.

Trust me, I got roughly around 30 tickets in my first 3 years of driving....I was going to defensive driving just about every damn year.

Alot has changed since then. I know Pasadena and Houston have 90 for deferred now. And you cant take more then 2 defensive driving courses within 5 years if im right. Before I had my liscence I got a bunch of tickets for spinning the tires and racing. But if you have no liscence you have no driving record! So mine is squeaky clean now.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

i always knew you could only take dd once a yr...maybe things have changed......lord knows i never paid mine and sat the time.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Stevinator
your screwed, just be glad you can get the 2 dismissed.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 04:49 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Cool

Quote:

A judge can allow you to take dd even tho you've already taken one, good luck with that tho. I've seen it a couple of times myself but it was always some hot (playin dumb) chick. Unless the judge is gay, good luck. 75 in a 45 I'd say your screwed tho, no mater what sop story you come up with the judge will always fall back on how fast your were going, unless you had an emergency like your mom was run over and you needed to get to the hospital. I'd ask for defered, you do know that the price of defered if you go before a judge is alway the price of the fine. If you get one of those lawers that do traffic tickets all the time sometimes well most of the time its less.

Donald French
no.1fordbastard

http://www.fordbastards.org

blue92 SHO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in