TCCoA Forums banner

Clear Corners Illegal?

903 views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  MidnightSleeper 
#1 ·
Hey all you guys with clear corners....have you gotten pulled over/ticketed for them? are they illegal to have? i know blackouts are but i wasnt sure on clear ones.

#2 ·
they r only illegal if you have white bulbs in them. The best route to go is get bulbs like silverstars that are bluish when unlit, but when when you light them they are amber. As long as you have amber bulbs or have bulbs that light up in amber in the housing they are ok. Im in cali, cops pull up next to me all the time, they dont bother me.

#4 ·
From the California Drivers Code:

25107. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two cornering lamps designed and of sufficient intensity for the purpose of revealing objects only in the direction of turn while the vehicle is turning or while the turn signal lamps are operating to signal an intention to turn. The lamps shall be designed so that no glaring light is projected into the eyes of an approaching driver.

So it seems that clearn corners are legal.

#5 ·
wilson502 said:
they r only illegal if you have white bulbs in them. The best route to go is get bulbs like silverstars that are bluish when unlit, but when when you light them they are amber. As long as you have amber bulbs or have bulbs that light up in amber in the housing they are ok. Im in cali, cops pull up next to me all the time, they dont bother me.

i have those bulbs in my cear corners and looks fabulous. only thing is it is expensive.

#12 ·
JustinH said:
dot code says that the car needs to have amber reflectors on or near the corner lens. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you stick with the amber bulbs, and don't put dumb blue ones in there or anything.
yes daddy!! my experience here in the cali capitol city was the cop said I couldn't have "blue" colored bulbs. He said the clear corners were fine. Just not the bulbs, so he said "son, go home and change those bulbs, cuz if I catch you again, it's a $375 fine."

so I said, "yes, sir" :D so I'm keeping the clear corners, I mean i've had them for several years now here in cali, and I live in between 2 police stations. Never been cited or pulled over for them. Like Justin says, I got "dumb" one day and put blue bulbs in the corners. :zbash:

#14 ·
Over here in NJ... I got have the clear corners with the blue/white bulbs... hense the avatar. I only ever got pulled over for my tints, but not the lights. And the 5-0 are nuts with that stuff over here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.