TCCoA Forums banner

Opinions on AOD deep pans.

824 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  cougarsc 
#1 ·
I'm looking at a deeper pan, and I know there are a few options.

Lentech - looks pretty shallow from the pictures, says its lightweight and has two bungs for sensors. Id rather have something sturdy and higher capacity.

B&M - holds 3 more quarts of fluid, finned on the bottom for better cooling, drain plug, looks sturdy, but still has the thing material around the bolting area/gasket mating surface that could warp if tightened too much.

MAC - looks great. Finned, deeper, drain plug, thick mating surface material.

My dilema is my ride height. I'm lowered 1.5" and those pans look DEEEP. Does anyone know how much longer they are than the stock pan? I dont want to go over a speed dump and see a puddle of ATF behind me :(

-Thomas

#2 ·
a nasty speed bump will probably hit it but otherwise you should be good.
just drive her carefully at speedbumps, i'm telling you all this cause well i have two mufflers midbody with turndowns right after them, i tell you this cause well i have the same clearance issue

#3 ·
well if I go too fast over the one at the entrance to my apartment building my cats rub on it. Maybe I could make some sort of shield or skid plate.
-Thomas

edit: too fast means I have to go less than idle speed, and I actually have to hold the brake slightly coming down over the top of it or else it will gain momentum and rub. Thats how close it comes. But my cats hang down about .75" below the rest of the body. About 3 - 3 1/2" clearance.

#4 ·
a skid plate would be a good idea but how would one be installed? i mean, would you weld it on? how would you do your oil change? even if you don't get a skid plate, i would just recommend taking that entrance really slow, I'm pretty much use to slowly down on steep entrance and on speed bumps.

#5 ·
there are plenty of spots underneath the car where bolts can be put to hold on a skid plate of some kind. I wouldnt weld it on, that would be horrible lol. But I do skid plates all day at work (jiffy lube) so I have some sort of idea how it could work.
-Thomas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.