Anyone from the Orlando area? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Garage
Anyone from the Orlando area?

I'm travelling to Orlando from the UK on Wed for a few days vacation and I'm planning on stocking up on some spares from Autozone while I'm in the US. Mainly servicing bits and and possible an upper TCA.

Last time I visited, I went to the Autozone on 2074 Central Forida Parkway. Just in case they havent got everything I need, can anyone recommend any other parts stores else in the Orlando area? We're going to be staying on I-drive.

"...put me on a highway, show me a sign, and take it to the limit one more time"

The Eagles

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2149821

RIP Dutch T-Bird (Robert Hendriks) 1970-2012 No doubt looking down on us from his low-riding T-Bird in the sky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Garage
Are they likely to stock bottom radiator hoses in Autozone, or will that be a dealer part?

"...put me on a highway, show me a sign, and take it to the limit one more time"

The Eagles

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

RIP Dutch T-Bird (Robert Hendriks) 1970-2012 No doubt looking down on us from his low-riding T-Bird in the sky.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Sig Nazi & Gallery Moderator

Administrator

You should be able to check availability online.
I went to that store on their website and it said special order, shows a funky two-hose piece, dayco hose, part #D71770 $32.99. Maybe you could special order it so that it arrives while you are there?
Usually special order means it is at their warehouse and can be at that store in 1-2 days.

I found the ford part online for $40.82, but this particular website doesn't list part numbers.

TBIRDBRAIN - PRESTON
YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
4/22/63 - 4/23/14
RIP JOEL BENDER
07/30/1979 - 03/26/2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Garage
Ok I looked at their site, but didn't realise that you could check stock at a particular branch. I'll go back on there and order it. I'm buying at as a spare, because even when I had a european car, it cost me nearly 100 ($150)for a very similar hose, and that was only made in Germany! $32 is only about 20. Bargain!

The Eagles

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Garage
TCA's - Duralast, Valuecraft, Dorman or Rare Parts??

OK, for upper TC arms, Autozone Orlando are only showing Duralast, Valuecraft, Dorman or Rare Parts. Which of those would be the best to go for. I bought a Duralast last time, and it only lasted a year or so before the boot shredded.

Also, its saying I need to go to the store to special order it.

The Eagles

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Sig Nazi & Gallery Moderator

Administrator

Let me see if any of the orlando people can chime in on other parts store options. I didn't realize the special order required in store - I guess they want you to pay first. How long will you be there? Maybe you could visit them your first day in town?
I can't help you on the upper arms, sorry.

TBIRDBRAIN - PRESTON
YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
4/22/63 - 4/23/14
RIP JOEL BENDER
07/30/1979 - 03/26/2006
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Garage
We arrive late pm tomorrow, and are there until Sun, then we're going on a cruise for 7 days and back to Orlando on the 12th for the day, flying out in the eve.

So I could order them this week, and pick them up when we return from the cruise.

Last time I was in Autozone, the other side TCA I bought there was a MOOG, and that's still holding up well. I was hoping to buy another one of those.

The Eagles

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Kind of slapped together

Have someone there in Orlando to receive them -or at worst, use a FedEx Office as "Hold for Pickup" - and order from RockAuto, using a discount code found on the forum here.

Problem solved!

RwP
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
Have someone there in Orlando to receive them -or at worst, use a FedEx Office as "Hold for Pickup" - and order from RockAuto, using a discount code found on the forum here.

Problem solved!

RwP
What do FedEx charge for that?

The Eagles

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Kind of slapped together

Nothing, no charge a'tall.

Unlike The UPS Store - where they'll return it if you haven't prepaid them (dunno how much, I avoid that like the plague since FedEx is no additional charge).

Note: FedEx Office will only hold a few days, so it works best if you can schedule for a few days. Also, someone local will have to be the contact - because if they can't reach someone, it goes back in 3 days.

Still - beats not being able to get the Moog parts. Plus, RockAuto is cheaper than AutoZone, O'Reilly's, and Advance Auto on almost everything!

RwP
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Garage
Thanks, I didn't know you could do that.

The Eagles

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 12:54 PM
5th Gear Poster

look for a carquest. they use oem parts and usually get anything you need that day or the next. I know there is one in the area

MAC CAI/02 STANG MAF/SCT CHIP TUNED BY LONNIE
EIBACH 1.5 LOWERING SPRINGS- BILSTEIN GAS SHOCKS
90 SUPERCOUPE SIDE SKIRTS/REAR
18x9-FRONT: 245 REAR: 275
PI intake/PI cams
355 trac lok
new tune for swapped parts (93 oct)

no longer the owner.... but its still my child its just released into the world....
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 10:32 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Hope you havent left orlando yet...please spend $$ we need it here bad!!!
Dont go to carquest here they are horrible. Same for pepboys. Best bets are auto-zone, or Advanced Autoparts (formally discount) between the 2 you should be able to get anything you need.

'94 Cougar 5-speed Aka:Tigger
"Ambitious but rubbish"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000030693825

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in