The Bird's been seriously hurt; Amazing story of what happened!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

The Bird's been seriously hurt; Amazing story of what happened!!

Well, the Bird is out of commission for a while; hopefully not permanently; I haven't had a chance to look under her too well, or take her into a shop. She doesn't feel too good, and DEFINITELY DOES NOT LOOK GOOD...........this of course, less than 3 months after an $800 front suspension rebuild, and a complete tune-up of everything you can possibly need maintenance on.

I'm on the Turnpike heading North into Palm Beach.............I'm on the right lane (3 lane at this point), and it's merging about 2 miles ahead as the lane becomes exit only to Atlantic. I see an a$$hole flying up behind me in a Dodge Dakota pickup to try and pass into the middle lane; he's riding my a$$, and I can see him wanting to pass. As soon as I had an opening, I nailed it, and left him back there. I make my way into the left lane, and guess who's behind me a couple miles up the road; yep; HE'S BAAAACK. He's flipping me off, and riding my a$$ again. So again I speed up. THEN, the nightmare begins..................

The guy changes lanes (it's now 2 lanes under the Atlantic overpass, w/a 3rd lane of widening currently under construction past the overpass) and attempts to fit himself in the tiny gap between me, and the guy in front of him. He threads his truck into my lane, and clips my entire front passenger wheel well with his rear left. I am then shot into the construction barricade on the left side and slam into it. THEN, THE A$$ DRIVES AWAY...........with my severly damaged Bird, I am somehow able to fly up the turnpike at speeds of around 80 mph, just to catch up to him and get his plate...........I was able to drive a good amount on the "under construction" lane and go a good 10-15 mph faster than the rest of traffic to catch up with him. Once I got his plate I pulled over my limping Bird and called the FHP.

The story gets better...............as the trooper pulls up, he tells me he got a call from the other guy, about 2 miles past me, stating that I clipped him, and that he ran away fearing a case of road rage on my part after having chased him down. Long story short, because we both were not at the accident scene, and conflicting stories (God only knows what he said), he couldn't put him at fault.

So now I'm screwed, hoping that a lawyer can help me out, and an out of commission bird at one of my job's offices after I got it towed there. Needless to say, I won't be making our mini-meet, and I will be seeing what I can possibly do to get the Birdy back up to 100%.

Wish me luck,
JC

'06 Black Trailblazer SS; '13 Grey GLI

Gone but not forgotten:
'03 Black Mach 1 A4 (13.7 @ 104); '03 Torch Red Mach 1 M5 (13.4 @ 106), '01 White SVT Lightning (13.4 @ 103), '78 Silver Z28, 2 Mark VIII's, 3 T-Birds, '98 Black SVT Contour #4115
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

well that realy blows, but at least you didn't get any tickets - not that it was your fault, but like you said, it was all your word against his, and you did leave the scene.

:
The statements in this post are my opinions only.
If you have a problem with them, please PM me
and keep the boards clear of flame wars.

:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 09:22 AM
5th Gear Poster

THat suxs, thats one of the reasons i dont like FL in alot of other states they would of gotten him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:37 PM

that really stinks man!! the turnpike really jams up at Atlantic because of that lane ending.. I avoid it at all costs during the afternoon...

Do you know where this guy lives at least? If not, give me his tag number...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Whining Intakes Rock

Why do you think some of us carry guns? Those kinds of bastards are not going to be able to drive another mile...

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 07:16 PM
5th Gear Poster

Aim for the back tire and just blame it on the impact.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 09:19 PM
PostWhore

sorry do hear that ,good thing nothing worst happen'd. im down the street from you , lemme know if you need some help on the car!
Maic

Maic.

My idea of "help from above"... Is a sniper on the Roof
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

should have used the PIT maneuver on him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in